Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hospital Gym Sessions – Anyone done one before?
  • anto164
    Free Member

So i’ve finished my course of Physio in the hospital after my bike related hip breakage and spine breakage, and they’ve prescribed me a half dozen visits to hospital over two weeks to take part in a structured gym session in the physio department. Think circuit training but specially designed to build the muscles that i’ve lost over the past months due to my injuries.

Now, has anyone attended something like this before? I’m just wondering what people thought in related to these type of sessions. (Obviously no-one will have done the same as what i’m going to be doing, just looking for some feedback if anyone has done anything similar)

Charz.

dave_rudabar
    Free Member

They were good for me & for my ankle/leg – bit tame but then it is rehab not a circuit-training beasting at the local gym!

Northwind

I didn’t do any hospital ones but I did some sessions outwith the hospital that were designed for injury recovery… Well worth it.

chiefgrooveguru

Yes, did them earlier this year after badly breaking my ankle. Very good, well worth attending. Mine were mostly self-directed with 3 physios present keeping an eye on about 10-15 of us, all with lower limb problems.

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Went 3 times/week for 2 months after hyperflexing my medial cruciate ligament – did a brilliant job/can’t recommend it highly enough.

totalshell

did 12 sessions following my heart op.. very light work out and whale songs..

anto164
    Free Member

Cheers chaps.

Went this morning and it’s not too bad! Quite tame i agree. Well worthwhile for those who need it though! Booked on for 2 per week for the next few!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hospital Gym Sessions – Anyone done one before?’ is closed to new replies.