Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • horwich locals- which takeaways/restaurants are good?
  • xherbivorex
    Free Member

as the thread title says really- my gf has just moved to horwich this weekend and driving through the place a few times with her stuff, we noticed there seems to be a lot of food places. but are any of them any good or should she just come back to manchester to get decent grub?

Junkyard
    Free Member

she will be fine you are **** though
    Kingkongsfinger is only fellow off this forum who lives there as far as I am awre. For obvious reasons I dont eat out much 😉
    give us a shout when you are there and we can go for a ride up Rivvy.
    Glad it is all going good for you

xherbivorex
    Free Member

she's vegan too johnnie! oh well.
    i'll take you up on that rivi ride some time soon; still never been up there!

samuri
    Free Member

The greek restaurant on the high street is OK, not brilliant.

If you're prepared to go further afield,
    India Gate on the A6 near Westhoughton is very good.
    China Room in Westhoughton itself is excellent too.
    The indian restaurant in the church in Adlington is supposed to be very good too, never been though.

If you really want to travel a bit, 'The Indian' in Leigh is quite possibly the best Indian food I have ever tasted. Really nice place, the manager is a great guy, highly recommended. Pity it's in Leigh.

Oh, and if you want to go over the hill for some food to Belmont, I'd recommend the Black dog both for it's bar snacks and it's beer, particularly 'Black'. It's gorgeous.

swamp_boy

Is the Mercury Motel on the A6 still going? Used to stay there back when I had to travel up that way a lot about 10 years ago. I can't honestly say I'd recommend the restaurant – the chef did a starter based on black pudding and I got an odd look when I didn't want chips with the curry, but it had -er- character. Peter Kay probably got a few ideas from it.

lodious
    Free Member

The Spanish is very good, Spice valley is a quality indian. Il (El?) Torro is OK but overpriced and v. busy.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

cheers fellas. is the spanish that tapas place?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

Alreet fellas,

Horwich person here. Viva Espana (Spanish) is very good, I lived in Spain for a few years and the tapas is authentic and v good. Il Toro is good as is Leo's (cheaper) both Italians, Spice Valley is v good as well (Indian).

Take aways. Golden Harvest is v good, Chinese and Goa Balti, Indian is great too. Loads more restaurants in Horwich but had OK meals in them so will not recomend them.

If you like MTB rides that are quick and "testing" let me know when your up for it, no body armour or full face helmets need apply. 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘horwich locals- which takeaways/restaurants are good?’ is closed to new replies.