Horner gets swiped at by a loon wielding a hammer on the Vuelta

Home Forum Chat Forum Horner gets swiped at by a loon wielding a hammer on the Vuelta

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Horner gets swiped at by a loon wielding a hammer on the Vuelta
  • Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

was it the banhammer ? 😉

looked like there was a lot of daft shit going on – sure I saw a spectator stand bang in the way of one of the breakaway riders, though I only saw the highlights and it wasn’t mentioned later

lemonysam

It didn’t really look like an attempt to hit him though did it? My guess, it was a shitty attempt at a visual metaphor along the lines of “putting the hammer down”.

Premier Icon Haze
    Subscriber

I noticed that, thought he was doing the old ‘man with the hammer’ thing

Don’t think he’d actually have hit him with it…

speckledbob

Saw this and thought it was some kind of toy or something but it looks like a rubber mallet. Nutter. How do they get away with it. Brilliant stage though.

Crell

If I was going for the visual metaphor I’d have picked an oversized inflatable hammer and wore a cape. Rubber mallet and wide eyed spectator didn’t suggest to me this was an attempt at comedy.

glasgowdan

It’s obv part of his fancy dress, nothing to see here

Premier Icon Haze
    Subscriber

If I was going for the visual metaphor I’d have picked an oversized inflatable hammer and wore a cape

Would have looked slightly less sinister, yes….

ohnohesback

The conduct of many cycling ‘fans’ on mountain stages never ceases to enrage me. How many attacks are thwarted before they begin due to window of opportunity being blocked by flag waving morons spilling out onto the road? They wouldn’t be allowed to interfere with the event by encroaching onto the arena in any other sport so why should cycling be any different?

lemonysam

They wouldn’t be allowed to interfere with the event by encroaching onto the arena in any other sport so why should cycling be any different?

Because it’s one of the most incredible spectacles in sport?

Edric 64

Man with the hammer ,Pat Mcquid ?!Maybe Horner hasn`t paid his drug testing $s to the UCI yet

Junkyard

mainly because the staff/costs required to block a 200 km stage would be somewhat prohibitive

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

How many attacks are thwarted before they begin due to window of opportunity being blocked by flag waving morons spilling out onto the road?

I think Horner may have used this to his advantage once or twice, stopping a reaction from happening

agent007

The spectators are part of it just as much as the riders are – without the spectators there would be no race. Watching the tour for me then I love watching the crazy spectators just as much as I love watching the cycling. The big tour names know what to expect from the spectators on the big climbs – just adds to the challenge, fun and interest so far as I’m concerned.

brakes

one of the most incredible spectacles in sport?

it’s not though. it’s just plain annoying and it’s getting worse.
    there are just too many fans now.
    why do you think they barrier off more and more towards the top?

Premier Icon Haze
    Subscriber

Admittedly some of them need to wind their necks in a bit, more interested in getting on telly than cheering the riders through…could do without those.

brakes

exactly, the right number of true fans with the odd man carrying a goat can be brilliant, but when you’ve got 5 blokes running infront with flags waving, just looking at the TV cameras, then it’s just bollocks.

Crell

Ok we all know there are some real loons around on the big mountain stages, but I couldn’t believe what I was watching on l’Angrilu in the Vuelta. Someone took a swipe at Horner with a hammer.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4IzB5guSCQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Horner gets swiped at by a loon wielding a hammer on the Vuelta’ is closed to new replies.