Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • hopwas woods
  • Ringo
    Free Member

Anyone know if theres much here to ridei live quite close and drove by it today i know theres a bit in there but whats it like and does anyone fancy shoiwing me the good bits 😀

kinda666
    Free Member

How was dancing on ice?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

It’s okay for an hour or three. There’s a bomb hole with a few jumps to play on and several little downhill runs that can be linked up. Best place to start is from Hopwas on the canal. Follow the canal past the back of the school and up to the bridge with the pillbox next to it and enter the woods here. After that just go and mooch. The trail pixies have been busy in there over the past year or two and there are some very good runs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Ringo
    Free Member

niels is that anywhere near the tame otter boozer?
    i hate ice skating kinda 👿 felt like bambi

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

That’s the fella, the tame otter is next to the canal bridge. Jump on the canal there and head towards the woods.

kinda666
    Free Member

So pub stop will be included in your ride then? 😆

Ringo
    Free Member

yes it will mate 😀 looks a nice boozer gonna go take the dog for a walk over there tuesday scope it out have a few beers

takisawa2

I looped it into a ride last summer. Its a strange old place. Your either going up or down, didnt seem to be any flat bits. Its really thick woodland. I went into the woods where neilsonwheels said, after following the canal from Lichfield. I ended up back at the starting point. Eventually found my way out & picked up the bridleway that runs past the base of the TV mast. Thats a nice ride, heads over towards Swinfen.
    Been in the pub a few times. Its a Vintage Inn pub, beers ok though from what I remember.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Oh yes. It turns to slop in the winter in a lot of places but in the summer it’s great for a couple of hours of mucking around and then off to the otter beer garden for a swift half before the canal ride back home.

Ringo
    Free Member

yep looks perfect to me, im based by sutton coldfield so straight on canal from here and not too far 🙂

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Give me a nudge towards the spring time if you want and I’ll give you the guided tour failing that enjoy.

Ringo
    Free Member

cheers mate i will do

Rosss
    Free Member

It’s pretty local to me (Shenstone) and I usually link it into a canal ride and a loop back. It’s best to get up and have a look around. There are a fair few DH runs and plenty of singletrack. A chap I know has build some pretty big berms and jumps somewhere if thats your sort of thing.In Summary, Great for a short day or night ride 🙂

postierich
    Free Member

Start @ the edge of Whittington Golf course nearest Lichfield there is some sweet singletrack which skirts the golf course and runs to the northern tip of Whit Barracks .Cross the road through the ranges when the red flags are not flying!!!!!!.Follow the main track and keep left it will take you down to the canal then just follow your nose up and down.

scu98rkr
    Free Member

ROUTE

I did nt think the red flag could fly at the moment.

The last recruits went through a couple of years ago. They’ve certainly taken down the assault course. Its being transformed into a medical facility at the moment isnt it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘hopwas woods’ is closed to new replies.