Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hopton Gravity Stages Enduro
  • scottfitz
    Free Member

Anyone else going this weekend?

Still some spots left:
    http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/2014_hopton_gravity_stages

timpol
    Free Member

Yep, looks like an interesting track

DavidM
    Free Member

I’m all signed up for some hardtail cat fun times. Should be reet good fun if the weather plays ball and it gets a little dusty. Here’s hoping

kimbers

would love to scott but cant make this weekend!

scottfitz
    Free Member

I’m on in hardtail’s to david, Should be a good laugh.

From the vid I couldn’t really tell what the tracks were like. All I could see was Bit of the DH trails, bit of the XC trails and a bit of fireroad.

DavidM
    Free Member

Sweet, looks like we’ll be heading round at the same time on sunday. I raced the last one and it was blooming pedally, looks like this year it may be a little less so. Be fun either way

kayak23

Rode some of the stages on Sunday just gone. Pretty dusty, fun tracks with some lung busting sections in. I’m not racing though..

mikewsmith
    Free Member

having done the DH races in the HT cat (when they used to have one) it should be a good laugh? is there camping on site?

chvck
    Free Member

Yup, also on a hardtail! Covered the trails that the stages do a couple of weekends ago, gonna be hanging! Should be a great laugh.

superfli
    Free Member

Scott, the 1st vid started going down the uphill XC section where you would normally switchback up, on a raised ridge if you remember? It then turns off onto what looks like a newly cut section and down into the quarry area of the XC trail, then pretty much same as last time (possibly slightly different at end). Havent watched the 2nd.
    Would like to have done this event 🙁

p7rich
    Free Member

I’ll be there. Last one was a blast.

scottfitz
    Free Member

Scott, the 1st vid started going down the uphill XC section where you would normally switchback up, on a raised ridge if you remember? It then turns off onto what looks like a newly cut section and down into the quarry area of the XC trail, then pretty much same as last time (possibly slightly different at end). Havent watched the 2nd.
    Would like to have done this event

Yep watched the vids sounds about right for the first one, second vid looks like same as last time but with a different start. Shame you couldn’t make this one.

matther01
    Free Member

On a similar theme…going to Hopton Sat, but can you ride the black runs easily enough on a 120 HT (Soul)?

Any drps bigger than 4ft?

Cheers

scottfitz
    Free Member

going to Hopton Sat, but can you ride the black runs

Looks like there closed:
    http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recreation.nsf/LUWebDocsByKey/EnglandHerefordshireTheMarchesHoptonWood

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I’ll be there, but unlike the other races I’ve done recently, I’m in under 18, rather than sandbagging my way to hardtail cat victory.

I did it on 2012 and it was good but hard. The tracks look even better this time. See you there.

jakd95
    Free Member

Entered in the Hardtail cat too, hopefully the weather will hold until Sunday and it won’t turn into a mud fest after two weeks of good weather. Looking forward to it!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hopton Gravity Stages Enduro’ is closed to new replies.