Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • hopefully my last which wheels post – i want to get some bought!
  • morgs
    Free Member

hi all,

need some last ditch advice. I am going to buy a new set of wheels. I need them strong as I am 18st and I need them tough as I am getting some confidence back and getting little bits of air. I mostly ride trail centres which includes nothing like DH!

I’m currently thinking of some hope evo / flow’s.

If you were me, what would you get and why?

Where would you get them from and how much would you expect to pay?

I know some places have a bad rep for wheel building so want to be safe…but can’t afford to spend over the odds

CHEERS!

jedi

i’m getting mavic sx’s 🙂

steve_b77
    Free Member

I’d go for the Hopes you describe, doesn’t matter where you get them from as they’re all built in a factory up norf, I think around £320 is the going rate for them – I may be wrong though

footflaps

I get all mine from Just Riding Along – well build wheels and just about any combo you like.

RustyMac

If you decide to go down the route of hope hoops on flow rims si from progressive bikes is selling them at a keen price right now £275

http://www.progressive-bikes.co.uk/department/hope_tech/

flows consintly get good reviews so i shouldn’t think you would have any problems with them.

Dino
    Free Member

Hopes with flows will be fine

morgs
    Free Member

jedi – just had a look……..wish i had that to spend!

thanks for the advice all

tron
    Free Member

Mavic 521s on whatever hubs you fancy from Merlin.

jedi

a few people i have coached had them. they look nuts

nmdbase
    Free Member

And break lots 😯

nmdbase
    Free Member

And break lots 😯 well rear hubs self loosen anyway

lodge
    Free Member

Cheapest I can find is wickedcycles 252 and Tredz 266 if you find cheaper post link please as I’m looking for same.

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

morgs ..
    Im the same here bud getting bit braver in my old age and i do have a spare set Sun mtx 32mm rims on Hope Bulb 12mm rear or QR and front 20mm
    Sapium spokes built to last mate e-mail me if yor wanting pics and a price fella lot cheaper than above… 😀

morgs
    Free Member

cheers jonny, but not on 12mm rear…..bought some now anywho!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘hopefully my last which wheels post – i want to get some bought!’ is closed to new replies.