Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope XC hub drive ring
  • Cheezpleez

The drive ring and pawls on my Hope XC hub have finally died. Pretty sure I know the answer to this but does anyone know a) where I can get a new drive ring and b) how to go about replacing it?

I think this story is going to end with me binning the hub but I’d rather not. We’ve been together for at least ten years and … I love her.

simondbarnes

Send it to Hope and get them to replace it?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Not sure about the xc but I know for a fact that the bulb ones stopped being available a couple of years ago.

Only place to get it done was the hope factory.

Superficial
    Free Member

You can’t replace the ratchet without sending it back to Hope. Well, I bet some shed hero has done it, but for the most part it’s not something you can do at home. Does it definitely need a new ratchet though? What are the symptoms? You may find that new pawls and springs (buy the kit online for about £12 IIRC) give it a new lease of life.

In my experience, Hope are pretty good with these things. Give them a call / email and see what they say.

z1ppy

Hope ran out of XC ratchet rings a while back (do call to confirm but..), have IIRC seen other posts where ppl have posted asking for bust XC hubs for the part, or maybe told that was there best avenue. 10 years, ain bad, had mine 15 (admittedly not seen a lot of use over the last 5), was 2nd hand & hope changed the ring FOC, always back

Cheezpleez

Ta for the replies. It is definitely knackered (no teeth, just humps).

I’ve emailed Hope so I’ll see what they say.

Cheezpleez

Answer from Hope: sorry, no more drive rings. New hub time. 🙁

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope XC hub drive ring’ is closed to new replies.