Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Vision 2 on a Road Bike?
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just wondering if anyone uses their Vision 2 for road duties and how they mount the light unit and battery, I use. Stem mount on the mtb but the road bikes stem isn’t compatible and if I use bar mount where do I fix the battery. The extra light would be great on dark lanes especially on descents.

monkeychild
    Free Member

I use my vision 4 so why not?? Put it on the top tube.

MussEd
    Free Member

I strap the battery pack to the top tube behind the head tube. My light is from 2009 so not sure if the design has changed? There is an approx. 6 inch lead from light to battery?

reggiegasket
    Free Member

I ran mine on the roadie for a while. Just ran a Hope stem, with the faceplate mount, with the battery on top.

Then the light clamp fell apart …

mcnultycop

I mount my batteries in a triathlon feed bag.

jairaj

Doesn’t the battery have velcro straps? Just tie it to the stem or your top tube.

The beam pattern is a bit too floody for the road for my preference anyway. But if you need more light then its better than nothing.

timba
    Free Member

Lamp is handlebar-mounted as close to the stem as I can get it, the battery is strapped under the bars just outboard of the lamp. Worked ok last winter

danielgroves
    Free Member

I clamp my light to one side of my bars, and velcro the battery on the opposite side of my stem. That way the battery can’t run away and break the cable, as happen to me in the past.

soundninjauk

I have the battery velcro’d under the stem, and the light clamped just to the right hand side of it on the bars. I used to have things mounted on the frame as well, but I’m trying to avoid cable rub on my shiny (relatively) new road bike.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision 2 on a Road Bike?’ is closed to new replies.