Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope vision 2 – Epic vs. Endurance
  • grahamg
    Free Member

Is there any difference in terms of distinct advantages/disadvantages having 2 batteries or just one battery double the capacity?

Trivial question I know. I’ve been using dynamo lighting for road riding and audaxing for a long while but want to be able to change bikes a lot easier and have an off-road option for night riding. A couple of guys I’ve ridden (audaxes) with swore by their vision 2’s (they had endurance option with a spare battery) as you can just use them on low for most road riding, boosting them up for fast descents and with the two batteries you can get several days night riding out of them. Also the beam pattern struck me as pretty road friendly.

davewalsh
    Free Member

The advantage of the endurance over the epic is that you can save a bit of weight by only taking one battery out on shorter rides, where the with the epic is that you don’t have the faff of changing batteries mid ride. If your average ride is less than 2 hours then you can probably do these on one small battery and take the spare for longer rides, hence the enduro would be better, however if you regularly ride longer than 2 hrs get the epic.

grahamg
    Free Member

Makes sense… no need for a weight saving so will go for Epic, cheers.

robdeanhove
    Free Member

Or get a second dynamo light? The new Exposure Revo is a great option for off road. I use mine commuting (on and off road), but it’s my light of choice for mid-week blasts in the woods after work too.

No more turnng the light up and down through modes to conserve power, no more “damn I forgot to charge it”. The SP hubs (and the shimano nes) have held up to two winters now without any problems. I’ve raced on it successfully too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope vision 2 – Epic vs. Endurance’ is closed to new replies.