Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hope Vision 2
  • angryratio
    Free Member

I’ve searched and found little on here about them.

Does anyone run them? Rate them?

I’m after something for nocturnal trail riding.
    The commute is covered by my elderly upgraded blackburn lights with battery pack carried behind in a car.

Why hope? well if they break they’re an email away. I don’t race, i just do a ride twice a week for a couple of hours.

Thanks in advance.

bigG
    Free Member

I’ve got two sets, one slightly older than the other. I’ve found that the newer one has a slightly tighter beam pattern. To be honest using them both together probably provides more light than I need to ride off road at night. I rode happily with only one set on helmet for a couple of years.

Even when I only have one set it makes my buddys Exposure Diablo look wimpy.

I have used Hope’s awesome after sales service to have the cables and LEDs replaced in the older unit (it was four years old ar the time) and they did this free of charge.

A couple of pics with one bar mounted and one helmet mount.

Medium setting. (equivalent to one on full in my opinion)

Full whack

For reference, the telegraph pole is about 50 metres away, the reflective corner bollards about 150 metres.

leftyboy
    Free Member

I’ve had a set for 2 years and they’ve been excellent. My regular riding buddy bought a set after he saw mine.

I’d buy another set if that helps.

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep my son has one and after seeing how bright it was ….i bought one and im very pleased with mine i wear mine on my helmet…you can pan around alot more if its on ya noggin..lol….. have a look at this price thats a great saving… 😉

http://www.facewest.co.uk/Hope-Vision-2.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=froogle&utm_campaign=facewestFroogle

honourablegeorge

I have used Hope’s awesome after sales service to have the cables and LEDs replaced in the older unit (it was four years old ar the time) and they did this free of charge.

They did the same for me, and sent me a new bracket when mine broke – years out of warranty in both cases. My Vision 2s have lasted me six years, of not more. Battery’s wearing down a bit now though, so I’ll be buying new lights this winter – and they’ll be Hope ones, without a doubt.

iainc

Hope’s are well made with great UK backup, and as such very good value. For outright performance though they have fallen behind the mark. The LED’s they are using are a few generations older than those being fitted by Exposure, and the small independents – Trout, Luminous etc.

I have a Vision4 that is nearly 2 yrs old, works perfectly, has never faltered…..but is soon to be replaced, probably by a 2012 Exposure Maxx D

In a similar vein I recently replaced my Hope Mono Mini’s with Shimano XT 8)

angryratio
    Free Member

Some super responses and thanks for the beam shots.

Gribs

A couple of people from work who I ride with occasionally have them and though they seem well built the light output is lacking as my bastid light throws out far more light for far less money. For general use just buy a couple so you’ve got redundacy when/if they fail as even when buying two it’s far cheaper, with the plus point of loads more light.

MrSparkle

I have the Enduro pack Hope Vision 2’s. I was doing some 24hr races at the time. I use ’em for weekly night rides in winter and for night time fell runs. They are ok. There’s plenty of better lights knocking about now. I’ll probably get something like a Joystick to supplement them and make do for a few years. I’m quite confident that they will last.

parkesie
    Free Member

Im running a set and am more than happy with them enough light output on medium with a good 3-4 hrs of burn time depending on how much i use full in the woods.
    Other lights throw out more light these days but the little hope unit shows no sign of dying. And when it does ill be replacing with the latest shiny hope light.

tomaso
    Free Member

Mine has been dependable for 3 years, but has just gone back to Hope to fix flickering and battery that won’t charge. Thinking of getting rid but not yet convinced that the Chinese Bastid light will be as weather proof and dependable.

Jim_Kirk
    Free Member

I’ve had mine for two years and is my only light. I have the endurance battery and get 4.5 hours on full. Pretty reliable, although mine developed a slightly loose connection but that was fixed quick and easy. The only negative thing i have is when used as a helmet light only, it flattens out the trail with all that white light – depth perception goes all to pot. Its seen torrential Dusk till Dawn races, regular weekly night rides and everything in between. Lovely light.

DezB
    Free Member

I’ve got two sets, one slightly older than the other. I’ve found that the newer one has a slightly tighter beam pattern. To be honest using them both together probably provides more light than I need to ride off road at night. I rode happily with only one set on helmet for a couple of years.

I could’ve typed that! (Except I had the battery replaced on one of mine)
    Never seen the need to spend stupid money on lights as the Hopes are fine combined with a Stella helmet light in my case.

tomaso
    Free Member

Returned battery and lamp unit to Hope by post on monday with a fault. Came back Thursday with new leads on battery and lamp F R E E O F C H A R G E !

You can not fault Hope for customer service and satisfaction. Absolutely first class.

Its a shame they don’t do an LED upgrade service as the tech has moved on a fair bit in 3 years. Swapping them just for some XPGs would be an improvement in lumens and power consumption. But they do the job still. I think I’ll keep them as back up lights as I don’t trust the brighter Chinese lights yet!

mccann.ben
    Free Member

HOPE’s service is amazing.
    My battery pack for my vision 4 would not charge. Hope swapped it without any questions!
    Vision 4 is awesome.
    I heard there were newer units with smaller headunits / more power coming soon?!
    http://18bikes.co.uk/news.php?articleshow=593

dazz69
    Free Member

I have used a vision one a vision 2 and my mate has a vision 4 all great product and Hope service is second to none. Hope has the r4 out and its more powerfull than a vision 4 cheaper and lighter. I plan to get one as a hat light.

http://www.rutlandcycling.com/34372/Hope-R4-LED-Front-Light—2012.html

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hope Vision 2’ is closed to new replies.