Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope v4 rotors/adapters – aaaargh!
  • submarined
    Free Member

I’m running into man maths issues justifying changing my brakes to V4s.

Currently running Guide RSCs with 200mm front, 180mm rear rotors on a Patrol with Fox 36s.

Am I correct in thinking that I can’t use the rotors with the Hopes, as the equivalents are 183 and 203? Meaning that on top of brake and Matchmaker adapters, I’ll need to buy new rotors and adapters as well, adding the best part of a ton to the price? Further complicated by the fact I’m less to verification there are compatibility issues with Fox 36s and Hope floating rotors?

thegman67

I had to buy the Hope adaptors as my Shimano ones wouldnt fit without packing them with spacers,still managed to use my icetech rotors though.

submarined
    Free Member

Cheers for the reply, what was the problem with the adapter? Caliper fouling it?
    What size rotors are you on?

will100
    Free Member

I’m fairly sure you scan get 200mm/180mm rotors for the hopes so you can reuse your existing adaptors. As the for the discs, ideally you’ll need new ones as the pad is deeper on the hopes than on sram/avid. You can get away with postponing the new disc purchase for a few months but it will result in uneven pad wear.

julians
    Free Member

the rotors will fit fine, you just need to use the hope adapter to guarantee the caliper will mount correctly otherwise with some other adapters the caliper fouls on the adapter.

sillysilly
    Free Member

I switched from SRAM to Hope and kept the SRAM Centreline 180mm rotors. Bought the Hope adaptor mentioned above to ensure good mount. Works perfectly.

Onzadog
    Free Member

You have the rotors and adaptors currently? If so, the calipers should just bolt on. Hope make 180, 183, 200 and 203 rotors but dint make a 200mm adaptor (although they make all the rest).

submarined
    Free Member

Cheers all 🙂 Looks like another £25 for the mounts then.

Onzadog – I have 180 > 200 mount on the front with a SRAM centerline 200mm, and a 160>180mm mount on the rear with a 180mm RT86 rotor. I’m lead to believe that the V4 calipers don’t fit with most non Hope mounts,

My main justification for all this is to stop my levers smacking the top tube every time I crash 😀

thegman67

I use 203 rotors on both ends. The shimano adaptors didn’t sit right

honourablegeorge

I’m running 180 Shimano rotors without issue on my 36s with E4s

submarined
    Free Member

I’m running 180 Shimano rotors without issue on my 36s with E4s

Ace, bolt straight up, or a couple of washers? I figure I don’t need 200s really anyways, especially not if I go for the extra power of the Vs.

Onzadog
    Free Member

My V2 suffered caliper clashes with mounts but I thought one of the reasons for moving to the V4 was the clearance. The other was common rotors.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

thread resurrection .

I have Avid guide r brakes on my YT Tues, 200mm discs front and rear.

Have just bought some hope v4s. New discs and adaptors essential? seems like I might be able to get away with it? What about if I bought new 203mm rotors?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope v4 rotors/adapters – aaaargh!’ is closed to new replies.