Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Hope Universal Clamp
  • verses

Just bought a Hope universal clamp to replace the failing original one on my Vision Twin but I think it might be missing a part.

There are 2 main parts, the clamp itself and a pivoting mount that the light fastens to. The pack has a bolt to join one to the other but no nut to fasten it. Should there be one or have I overlooked something obvious?

verses

Morning bump…

Mine has all the bit in this picture. The bolt goes up through the top of the clamp bit, and through the hole in the pivoting mount (bottom right) but there’s nothing to fasten it in place. Do I have to provide my own nut or should there be one included, or am I doing it wrong?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

it just screws into the light itself.

verses

Odd, I’m not sure how it could.

I have this version of the Vision Twin and the only hole runs horizontally, not vertically;

http://www.pearcecycles.co.uk/images/visionleduni2_large.jpg

verses

Hopefully this explains what’s missing as that other piccy’s being temperamental…

EDIT: Also, my photoshopping skilllzzz are available for a reasonable fee…

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

oh, you got the wrong mount

http://www.totalcycling.com/images/large/19429_140520.jpg

you want that one

verses

Bums, it’s not quite as “universal” as it claims then…

I’m on my 2nd of the old alu type, was hoping that this would be more robust…

nixie

You should be able to use the plastic one (the version that the plastic mount appeared on was not that different to yours). I’d have expected that there would be a captive nut. Is there any hole for a nut to go in? If you have a nut just bolt it up and attach your light.

verses

I’m sure I have a nut and bolt kicking around somewhere that’ll do the job, I was expecting a captive nut of some kind to be included too.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

stem mount any good for you?

verses

I’m forever swapping it between bikes, so prefer as quick release as possible 🙂

To be honest, it’s done sterling work over the years but is showing its age a bit. I’ll prob run it through the summer and look to get something with a bit more oomph for the winter – this was intended as a cheap way of getting a few more months use out of it 🙂

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Hope Universal Clamp’ is closed to new replies.