Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Hope TRex 40T
  • domderbyshire
    Free Member

I have now fitted an XT chain and ridden a fair few miles, and the setup is good. The Shimano chain definitely shifts better than the KMC one, which I have kept as an energy spare as it was pretty good and happens to be the right length. All in all I’m very pleased and think the T-Rex is a great addition to the whole 1X10 thing.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[/url][/img]
    Obligatory fitted pic, and yes the gold matches the gold bits already there, it’s now a 90% hope bike…

Now for the questions. Fitted 34t Hope Retainer and this on Sram X9 Cranks on Hope BB 73mm shell.
    The chain line looks perfect for the small cogs but looks like it’s dragging over on the 40t.
    It’s setup with 1×2.5mm spacer drive side as per the instructions, if I moved that spacer to the NDS would that work fine and sort the chain line out. I suspect changing the spider for a 1x would have the same effect (I think I can with these cranks).

Marmoset
    Free Member

Sounds like it would work Mike. Are you running it in the inner or outer position, could you use some chainring spacers if it’s on teh inside of the chainset tabs? (I’m not sure where they go, given I’ve never seen one)

Kahurangi

q for those who have received kits with longer b-adjust screws – what screws are they? I bought a one-up and don’t get a screw. Is it going to be an M3 x 20 socket cap for example?

cheers

edit

from wolftooth’s website

Note on “B-screw”: as of March 3rd, we will no longer be shipping a longer screw with each GC. We have found it is almost never needed with SRAM derailleurs and only needed for about 50% of Shimano derailleurs. We have added it as a separate item in our accessories category. If you think you might need the longer screw, order one separately or just go to you local hardware store and pick up an M4 x 25 socked head cap screw

Yetiman
    Free Member

Fitted my gold T-Rex on Saturday afternoon after picking it up from my LBS. I’ve been running a 40t General Lee adapter since June last year, so having a 40t cassette isn’t new to me, but what I like about the T-Rex (and I guess it’s the same with all the single ring adapters), is that you still get to use the rest of the standard cassette, so shifting quality is not nearly as compromised as it is with the 4 General Lee cogs that don’t have shifting ramps or shaped teeth. On yesterday’s ride the improvement in shifting quality was really noticeable, with instant shifting across the whole cassette, including the T-Rex, whereas the General Lee was always a bit hesitant to shift between its cogs. I think the move to 1×11 has been delayed for a wee while yet.

kimbers

oneup now ship with a free 16t cog, with shifting ramps

Pete-B
    Free Member

If you fit a 40t on a 2×10 29er it’ll give a similar ratio to a 36t on 26 bike.
    Slower than walking? Possibly but unlikely on a hil requiring that ratio & anyway I’d sooner ride.
    Anyway I’m giving it a go but if it seems OTT or problematical keep your eyes peeled for a ebay bargain.
    Nothing ventured…..

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Hope TRex 40T’ is closed to new replies.