Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Tech X2 excessive lever throw advice
  • robarnold
    Free Member

Been having problems with my Tech X2s of late, as the title suggests, i’m getting loads of lever throw which is leading to not particularly efficient braking. I’ve consulted the folks of Hope who confirmed that this shouldn’t happen and for me to bleed them again to make sure i’ve purged all air out of the system.

This doesn’t seem to have worked, the feel once the pads engage is pretty positive but the lever comes virtually back to the bars before doing so. I’ve got the BPC dialled right in and the reach set more or less in the middle.

I’ve seen a few things on here lately about them and people having similar problems but nothing definitive to solve it. Any tips? The problem is the same for both front and rear. Neither has sticky pistons and I replaced the diaphragms in the lever end the last time I bled them.

There must be a knack to it, surely? I was thinking along the lines of pumping the pistons out before bleeding, doing it with Reach and BPC dials in varying positions etc

Anybody?

Three_Fish
    Free Member

So this is a problem that has developed? Did you change hoses or something? Removed the wheels?

You shouldn’t need to bleed with the pistons extended to get a good lever position, so there’s definitely something a miss. I’ll admit that my first thing would be to confirm proper installation of the caliper.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

When i had formula the ones,to get the lever feeling how i wanted it,i had to remove the wheel and give the lever a pump or 2 and then replace the wheel,this reduced the pad clearence but improved the bite point.

lardhelliwell
    Free Member

Bleed it with the bite point adjuster fully out,check the full bleeding proceedure video on the hope website

http://www.hopetech.com

John

Amos
    Free Member

Have you ridden it much like this? I find a decent ride normally sorted it .in the cases where it hasn’t I find putting the lever horizontal to the bar remove reservoir cap and tyrap the lever to the bar and leave over night , top up reservoir replace cap and then go and ride this always seems to work

robarnold
    Free Member

Cheers for the input folks, i’ll try bleeding with the adjuster right out then Amos’s idea next. Done something similar on my hydraulic clutch on my trials bike and seemed to work

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech X2 excessive lever throw advice’ is closed to new replies.