Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • hope tech lever Q
  • scruzer
    Free Member

read in a usa mag recent test and they claim reach adjuster and bite point do not work independantly of each other. Huh? So surely there is no point in having both if adjusting one adjusts the other at the same time… Is this correct as? Ta gang

MisterT

they do both impact each other, but by adjusting bight point and then reach you get it setup just how you want it.

but when you start adjusting bightpoint, it will change the reach, so you then readjust reach… simples!

elaineanne
    Free Member

yep i have those on my bike : you end up adjusting them both really 😉 luv mine anyway… :mrgreen: 8)

DickBarton

I can’t get them to be how I want them…still far too much lever throw – but they do work exceptionally well and feel fine (no sponginess or squidge, just a bit more lever pull than I’d like). It’s set to have the smallest amount of lever pull but I’m still getting about an inch of movement at the lever end…

Three_Fish
    Free Member

The BPC it to set how far from the start of the stroke the bite is; the reach adjusts how far from the bar the start of the stroke is. The caliper/pistons must be perfectly aligned (rotor sitting at absolute center between the pistons) and both pistons/pads move equally and clamp the rotor at the same time – in other words: the brake is properly installed – for the adjustments to work as they should.

coatesy
    Free Member

Dickbarton, sounds like you have sticking caliper pistons.Absolutely minimal lever travel is normal when they’re working properly.

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Absolutely minimal lever travel is normal when they’re working properly.

Pardon me, but it isn’t. Within the limits of the adjustments, one can have as much or as little lever travels as one wants. There isn’t really a normal, just a preference.

mudpup
    Free Member

I use all the adjustments available to make it feel like my non adjustable Hopes on the other bike 😆

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘hope tech lever Q’ is closed to new replies.