Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Hope tech enduro tubeless
  • paulh110
    Free Member

I know this has been done a million times,
    But really struggling to stop my enduro rims leaking through the nipples, tried 2 types of tape , Tesa and gorilla tape , tried single wrap and two wraps , but just can’t seem to stop it leaking,
    Have set up few different wheelsets with no issues,

bigyan
    Free Member

Are you using the full width tape or just a narrow center strip?

paulh110
    Free Member

Tried both ways, the profile of the rim is a bloody nightmare, and the holes are so close to the edge it makes it very difficult to cover them.

simondbarnes

and the holes are so close to the edge it makes it very difficult to cover them.

If you don’t cover them then they will always leak. Are you using wide enough tape?

paulh110
    Free Member

Holes are completely covered, going to try a thin strip in the channel over the holes and then a thicker on over the top ,

oreetmon
    Free Member

Bird cycles developed a tape especially for hope rims, i used some and had no problems.

oreetmon
    Free Member
    weeksy

I use a bit of puncture glue on valve rubber bit to help seal, I think it helps

oreetmon
    Free Member

Bath silicone works as well 😁

kayak23

Maybe not helpful, but I had no issues tubelessing my Hope tech enduros. Tesa tape used. Two wraps, one right, one left.

jimmy

I about lost the will to live trying to tubeless mine 4 years ago. Have run tubes ever since. I’m going into a thousand yard stare as I ty

paulh110
    Free Member

Bird tape it is then !

Thanks for all the replies too 🙂

Watch this space

paulh110
    Free Member

@Kayak23

How did you install the tape ?
    These enduro rims are fairly narrow too, so 25 mm tape should be fine ??

kayak23

It was ages ago so I can’t exactly remember but, no different to how I’ve now done countless rims.

Clean really well with alcohol. Tape and keep pushing out air bubbles as I go. Two wraps and favouring one side, then the other.

Small slit with a knife for the valve and done.

I honestly can’t remember having any particular issues with these rims.

Have you got new tyres? The only times I’ve had slight issues is using older tyres.

gringo

I used Tesa tape on mine, front one holds air fine but rear has a very very slow leak from somewhere…not bothered me enough to track it down the.

pipm1
    Free Member

I’ve got Hope Tech Enduros, they were my first & only tubeless attempt. I used Stans 27mm tape, pulled tight, I don’t think I double wrapped it. It went up without any trouble.

flossie
    Free Member

We have two sets of hope enduros and a set of hope XCs. I favour DT Swiss tape, single warped and haven’t had any trouble.
    I like the DT as it’s smooth and shiny but with a tad of stretch to really get it into the rim well.

rob8624
    Free Member

I had similar trouble with Hope rims.

My solutions was to use electrical tape, one strip in the channel then a strip each side onto the shelf, left and right. Use an Airshot and fill with sealant, you may still get leakes but leave it overnight to settle. Worked for me.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Take valve core out. Fill tyre with expanding foam. Put valve core in.

Gets you pressure in the tyres, seals leaks and a free tyre insert!

kayak23

We have two sets of hope enduros and a set of hope XCs. I favour DT Swiss tape, single warped and haven’t had any trouble.
    I like the DT as it’s smooth and shiny but with a tad of stretch to really get it into the rim well.

It’s funny with the Tesa/tubeless tape thing. I mean I use it because it’s billed as tubeless tape, but it’s the worst tape in use I can imagine for such a job.

Slippery and without any stretch or give. Really not great for getting into a curved channel. Guess it’s like that for air sealing, but it’s not so user friendly. Meh…

carlos
    Free Member

I’ve not got the Tech Enduro rims, but have always found that fitting a tube and pumping up to about 40psi and leaving it for an hour of two helps press the tape on nicely.

martinkiely
    Free Member

I’ve got two sets of Hope Tech Enduro wheels, and I find them a pain to seal – the rim shape is awkward to tape, and don’t get me started on trying to use Tesa tape on them… I use a wrap of electrical tape first over the spoke holes then a wrap of Gorilla tape – seems to do the trick. It helps that I have a compressor to seat the tyres quickly too!

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Hope tech enduro tubeless’ is closed to new replies.