Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope Tech 3 E4 Brakes?
  • Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Are they any good?

My options are complicated by either getting something I can get an adaptor for to hang my SRAM shifters off, or fork out the £40 for a couple of teeny tiny brackets for them, which is frankly daylight robbery!

Failing that – other suggestions? Mismatch jobs don’t seem to work with current ISpec B Shimano levers which has scuppered thoughts of some Zees!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Bump…

No one with an opinion on a Hope brakeset, I am stunned!

kimbers

Well as they aren’t available yet I doubt anyone will have much experience with them

godzilla
    Free Member

Arnt matchmakers £20 a pair?
    I just fitted some Tech3 V4 and I can confirm that they look awesomez!

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

It is non-matchmaker clamps that I was looking at since the bike came with matchmakers attached…. £20 per shifter!!!

Didn’t realise they weren’t available since they are listed as “in stock” on a few sites 😉 The reason for my worry is I had Mono M4s once upon a time and they were pretty underwhelming.

godzilla
    Free Member

It is non-matchmaker clamps that I was looking at since the bike came with matchmakers attached…. £20 per shifter!!!

In this case I’m confused, is it the Sram bit that’s £20 an end.

Capt.Kronos
    Free Member

Yeah – £20 for a little ring thingy to attach to my shifter pods.

Got a quote from my lbs yesterday having said if they are £15 – £20 for a pair to go for it, but £20 each… p*ss right off

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope Tech 3 E4 Brakes?’ is closed to new replies.