Hope Service…. again

Home Forum Bike Forum Hope Service…. again

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope Service…. again
  • Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Good result, other places would let you bin them and buy again.
    Add a good T-set to your shopping list

Premier Icon simmy
    Subscriber

I rang Hope the other day enquiring about getting a replacement battery carrier for my Vision One as mine had split.

They sent me one out FOC so that was nice.

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

mikewsmith – Member
    Good result, other places would let you bin them and buy again.
    Add a good T-set to your shopping list

T 10 was the only one I was short of, and ended up using one out of a cheap box of bits with dubious heritage. I am now the proud owner of a nice Stanley screwdriver style one. !

Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

Yeah I picked up a Park set ages ago when rotor bolts went to T25, most are still very sharp and good, but like you I’m building up the nice ones as I go for the shed tool kit, still a big step on from 2mm allen key bolts, most of mine had a screwdriver slot in them.

Premier Icon Scapegoat
    Subscriber

I know it’s been done to death, but I wanted to bleed my lad’s Tech M4s, and one of the screws holding he reservoir cap was stuck. A cheap T10 was deployed and I promptly rounded the bloody thing. SO, knowing I was now having to revert to dark arts to remove it I contacted Hope Service who gave me a number to ring them on. A guy called Rob answered, and we discussed options for removing the stuck screw, and I said something along the lines of, I don’t want to tackle it until I have a new screw to replace it. Rob then asked for my address, and said he’d post me out a new reservoir cap, screws and diaphragm, as it was possible I could damage them (in fact would have to in order to hacksaw a slot in the screw head) Wouldn’t take any form of payment, and explained they were jealous of their Customer Service reputation, so didn’t charge for parts under these circumstances.

Great!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope Service…. again’ is closed to new replies.