Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hope RX4 caliper
  • STATO
    Free Member

Anyone heard any more details about these since their reveal?

Want / need a new caliper to get a bike back running so thinking of picking one up but no websites (inc Hope) listing details or prices. Tried my LBS but they don’t have a Hope account.

Ta
    Rich

simondbarnes

I keep meaning to ring Hope about these as the 785s on my cross bike are rather tired. I’ll try and remember when I’m back at work on Tuesday 🙂

Onzadog
    Free Member

There’s two versions. One for shimano and one for sram. Seals and piston sizes are different.

STATO
    Free Member

Yeah Onza it’s SRAM I want as the replacement calipers are £70! and different piston sizes to the avid/SRAM mtb calipers. Shimano are MTB compatible and road specific ones are only £30 anyway. Standard SRAM doing you over on spares costs.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Don’t see any reason why they should cost any more than an E4 caliper

STATO
    Free Member

Hopefully!

Buzzlightyear
    Free Member

Would love to know, they say they have greater disc clearance, fed up with my 785s rubbing.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

They have not started selling yet, I have some pre/very early production ones being built onto a bike currently.

They have to date only made about 30 calipers for the race team to use as far as I know.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Spoke to them at the bike show about these.
    Said they were retailing at 70 quid and available from the early October.
    Was wanting one quickly as I am on my third Shimano road caliper!
    Holding off at the moment as the third caliper I have had is surprisingly quiet and leak free (so far!)
    Any more trouble and I am straight on the phone to Hope!
    Max

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

They are literally making a small batch now for our bikes. not sure when the retail ones will be available.

STATO
    Free Member

They said on Facebook late October, so makes sense. Still no idea on price though.

I need mine for last weekend of October so may be out of luck :0(

Onzadog
    Free Member

Is shimano suffering a lot a leaks with their stuff? It’s the worry over leaks seals that has put me off so far. A £30 leaking mtb lever is one thing, a £300 leaking road brake/shifter is something else entirely.

Kamakazie

All the leaks I’ve read about are on the Shimano callipers which is where mine had the problem as well.
    Don’t think there’s been many issues with the levers other than baggy hoods on the 2016 Ultegras which again one of my 2 has.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Just the calipers leaking (785 road)
    My front one has been problematic but the rear has been faultless.
    On my third caliper on the front so fingers crossed!
    Max

geordiepaul
    Free Member

I’m on my second leaky 785 caliper, thought I was the only one.
    These hope calipers could be my saviour!!

tiim
    Free Member

Anyone seen these for sale yet?

STATO
    Free Member

These are now available!!

Had my LBS ring hope as they were not on their B2B site, got it the next day, fitted at the weekend.

No more pad clearance than sram or shimano as youve still got the same lever travel. Looks very pretty and came with everything needed to fit, olive, barb, pads, pad spacers, etc. Need to bed the pads in properly still before i can say for cetrain but lovely smooth power so far.

Worth noting they do 3 versions for SRAM and Shimano (so 6 really)

Post mount
    Flat mount rear (160mm rotor without adaptor)
    Flat mount front (160mm rotor without adaptor)

The flat mount are different to the stock sram/shimano as you cant fit 4 pistons, stock position and 140mm rotor, so they’ve had to design different calipers for front and back.

(edit)Just found a BikeRumour article with more detail

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hope RX4 caliper’ is closed to new replies.