Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hope QR seat collar
  • coogan
    Free Member

I had the old style on my last frame for years and it worked a treat. Got the new version on my new frame and its, well, pish. Seat post slips so have to clamp it shut so frickin' tight to stop if moving and the lever action is so sticky and stiff feeling. Anyone else getting this, or is it a duff 'un?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Your wrists are too limp 😡

biker66
    Free Member

I have the new one and it works great. Smooth and tight. I had the on one seat clamp before and sent it back. Think I got a duff 'un there, so it does happen I guess.

coogan
    Free Member

Your wrists are too limp

Watch yer mouth son 😡

druidh
    Free Member

I got one for the Blur and it's crap. Currently using a cheap m:part bolt-up which is doing fine.

robhughes
    Free Member

no probs here.
    you sure they haven,t sent you a left handed one.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Mine works ok. Does what it says on the tin. Even with my lardy ass on it.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Mines fine, way better than the one you get with Coves, they're just bobbins

alpin
    Free Member

i've found salsa clamps are the best and come in a variety of colours, just like hope.

Matta
    Free Member

looks like you got a dud as I have two that work without fault.

billyboy
    Free Member

I've had problems too. Busted one above Minehead because the post was slipping. The day was rescued by Pompey Cycles. I've stopped greasing the post now and the problem has not recurred.

coogan
    Free Member

Might stick with it for a while, see it the lever at least smoothes out a bit. If not Salsa it is.

bigbloke
    Free Member

I,ve got one and it slips as well, the old style on my other bike was faultless.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Seriously steve, ever thought it could be the frame and not the QR, both having changed?

speaker2animals

Why put up and think about buying a different brand. Take/send it back and get another.

There is a credit crunch on you know. I'm sure Hope would be happy to sort out for you.

dans160
    Free Member

Don't talk to me about Salsa QRs! The first sign of mud and they resist nearly all efforts to clamp back up again. Complete pants. Post doesn't slip though, to be fair.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hope QR seat collar’ is closed to new replies.