Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Pro II front hub bearing removal – 20mm
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Can't find any decent write up of this anywhere. I've dot the circlipped spacers off either side, is the hub inside just a clean through bore? ie can I just chap the whole lot out?.

Cheers.

coatesy
    Free Member

There's a tubular spacer inside which needs pushing to one side before knocking them out.I prefer to rest the hub flange on something solid when doing this,but they'll usually come out anyway.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As coatsy says – you knock them out from the centre – knock the central spacer to one side then you should be able to get a drift onto the bearings.

Heat the hub with hot water ( tie a rag around it and pour a kettlefull over it) it really helps

duir
    Free Member

I just changed the bearings on my hope proII front 20mm. Simplicity itself. Remove the external spacers. Push internal spacer to one side. Use Screw driver/drift etc with some gentle taps rotating the hub after each few taps so it removes evenly. Clean internal hub and fit new bearings. I used the hope pro II tool.

toomanybikes
    Free Member

Go onto the Hope web-site, the have a video showing how it's done

thomthumb
    Free Member

Go onto the Hope web-site, the have a video showing how it's done

link please? can only find the rear. 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro II front hub bearing removal – 20mm’ is closed to new replies.