Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Hope Pro 2's on Mavic Open Pro from Bike 24 in Germany, ok to order from?
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

Looking at ordering the above as they seem to be the cheapest at the moment with the exchange rate. Never ordered from Bike 24, any good, safe?

Or any other reccomendations for a cx/gravel bike. I’ll be running discs so can look at disc only rims and I’ll be running 35c tyres. Thanks

windyg
    Free Member

I’ve used Bike24 a few times with no problems, maybe taken a day or two longer than if ordered in the UK but worth it for the cost saving.

rOcKeTdOg

Open pros are a great canti rim, but if you’re only using discs you could lose the weight of the strengthening of the braking surface. That said, open pros are pretty bomb proof & if you’re not wearing out the braking surface they’ll last forever

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    kamenev
    Free Member

I have used Bike24 on two or three occasions now. I agree with Windyg – always worth the wait for the saving. I also like the range and choice they offer. One thing to be aware of is the price increases a little once they know you are ordering from the UK. You can premept this when you first go onto the website and choose the uk option at the top of the page. This increase increases with the price of product. Its not much but it happens. I haven’t looked into why this is. It is not a significant rise in price.

Haze

No probs with Bike24, used them lots.

c_klein87

i wouldnt run 35c tyres on narrow open pro’s, even 25c bulb up, much better on the stans grail rim, or HED ardenne, archetype, anything but open pros

scotroutes

Nowt wrong with 35c on Open Pros.

nickdavies

Bike 24 yes not a problem there.
    Isn’t there a set of brand new open pro’s on proII’s on the classifieds at the moment though?

Edit: Ignore me, they’re non disc.
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/clearout-of-mainly-new-parts-inc-hope-wheels-shoes-and-helmet

andytherocketeer

use bike24 quite a bit. and bike-components.de

b24 can be a bit slow processing the order sometimes, and since today is a german holiday, don’t expect instant order processing. and don’t expect to see anything until Monday when the DHL email comes in.

ordered from bike-components 1am Wednesday, order shipped yesterday, DHL tell me to expect it 10am friday (probably would have been today if it weren’t a holiday). (edit: DHL is the stock Deutsche Post postal service here, so that’s the free delivery option, not 24/48hr courier service)

both are good. both are my first “go to” online stores right now. both are Hope dealers iirc with access to the complete range of fancy colours too, rather than just the standard black.

zilog6128

I have been using Open Pros on Pro 2s on my Croix de Fer for daily commuting & longer weekend/evening rides for 3 years now. They have been abused plenty! Had to service rear hub once as you might expect but otherwise been faultless so would highly recommend the combo. Currently running 35c Marathon Supremes with no problems.

teadrinker
    Free Member

This is all good news, new wheels ordered.

Many thanks all.

welshfarmer

Bought my wheels from them no probs. Price will rise by 1% when posted to UK since they will use VAT at 20% (our rate) rather than 19% (German rate). Not a lot you can do about it. If you need to call them they have a dedicated number from the UK with english speaking help on the other end.

Candodavid
    Free Member

Bike 24 are my go to online bike site now, cracking prices, swift delivery from continent

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2's on Mavic Open Pro from Bike 24 in Germany, ok to order from?’ is closed to new replies.