Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Evo SP.Pros and cons please.
  • cooie

Are they any good? I Ordered a Stans Flow 29er on Hope Pro 11 Evo front wheel, but was sent one with SP hub. There isn’t actually one advertised with SP!! I phoned CRC and the guy checked, thought SP was the only option, but wasn’t 100% sure. Keep or send back?

smiff
    Free Member

i’d keep it, unless you’re going to be doing any seriously remote rides, where SP spokes (esp. 29?) might not be unavailable.

i bought one SP ‘cos it looks nice, but wouldn’t bother again, no real difference and slightly more likely to go slack.

smiff
    Free Member

er might be unavailable even.

don’t like the SP design, it’s not really solving a problem (increase lateral stiffness, spokes failing on J-bend), and creating a more serious one (spokes unwinding, not getting spares) and probably adding weight too! all about bling imho.

doom_mountain

I have the very same hubs, they look smart, but had trouble getting spokes for a rebuild. Had to buy them direct from Hope, wasn’t cheap… but they look cool 😉

br
    Free Member

don’t like the SP design, it’s not really solving a problem (increase lateral stiffness, spokes failing on J-bend), and creating a more serious one (spokes unwinding, not getting spares) and probably adding weight too! all about bling imho.

Spare spokes come with the wheels and they are lighter – both facts.

smiff
    Free Member

i said probably cos not sure if the extra alloy in hub offsets the reduced steel in spoke. it does? must be **** all in it.

as i said, if you do remote expedition type riding, maybe send it back – otherwise pack the spares and enjoy the nice looking wheel.

cooie

Spare, only got 1! Think l might send it back and get one built. Looks like all the 29 er Hope Hoops are SP.

cooie

Anyone had a Hope Pro 2/Stans Flow 29er built rather than bought a Hope Hoop?

mattjg
    Free Member

Spare, only got 1! Think l might send it back and get one built. Looks like all the 29 er Hope Hoops are SP.

Nope, bought some non-SP from Wiggle on Friday.

trail_rat
    Free Member

SP can be a mare to true …. dont ask me how i know …..

heads rotate freely in the hub.

khani
    Free Member

I’ve got sp,s on’t suss and j-bend on’t hardtail, both on crest 29 rims, I can’t tell the difference when riding tbh…

cooie

SP can be a mare to true …. dont ask me how i know …..

heads rotate freely in the hub.

This is putting me off!

‘Looks like all the 29 er Hope Hoops are SP’.
    Nope, bought some non-SP from Wiggle on Friday.

Ah yeah, had looked at them before, but they only have Crests, so would have to buy 20mm converters as well.

How strong are the 29er Crests compared to the Flows? Got 26er flows and they have been great.

Thanks for the replies so far.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Evo SP.Pros and cons please.’ is closed to new replies.