Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Evo rear hub query
  • 4130s0ul
    Free Member

I’ve just purchased a second hand hope pro2 evo wheel and when fitting the rear wheel to my frame it seized once i’d tightened the qr.

I have taken the wheel out and check all is spinning freely and it all seems fine.
    Though upon inspection it seems as though there is a slight grounding out of the bottom section of the silver drive side qr adapter. I think that somehow the surface has been worn down to the point that the adapter is now pushing against the bearing rather than the inner race.

looking on the hope website and hub diagram it does not show any extra washer / spacer to stop the adapter from touching the bearing, but as this is my first Hope hub I am not sure if I am missing something or whether it is the minimal wear on the adapter that’s causing the problem.

can anyone provide assistance as to whether I need to replace the adapter or fit a spacer etc?

thanks

russianbob
    Free Member

Sounds like you might be missing the spacer between the freehub and the hub itself. No 9 on this diagram… http://www.roteccycles.co.uk/ekmps/shops/rotec/images/hope-pro-2-evo-ratchet-pawls-set-of-4-%5B3%5D-2164-p.jpg

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Russianbob:
    that washer is definitely still in there as I removed, cleaned and replaced that when I took the freehub apart to check for issues there.

my assumption was where in the diagram you have the rubber o-ring (No.2)I was thinking a washer like No.9 would help stop the adapter from rubbing against the bearing and stopping it from freely turning. but as per the diagram this does not seem to be the case.
    and asi have never seen the underside of the QR adapter before I cannot say whether any wear is a normal occurance

thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Evo rear hub query’ is closed to new replies.