Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 evo – Converting from 142×12 XD to 135 QR Shimano
  • pacerc100
    Free Member

Picked up a bargain set of wheels today for my son’s Cannonade Badboy. Only draw back is the rear hub is a Hope Pro 2 Evo 142×12 XD and I need a 135 qr Shimano setup. It’s been a long time since I have played around with Hope hubs so do I just need new end caps and a Shimano free hub or also the axle as well ?. I have an older Hope Pro 2 (non evo) in the right configuration but google suggest the evo and non evo parts are non interchangeable ?.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Evo does it all, should just be end caps and a free hub though it should be a good thing you can do swaps for

GeForceJunky

I think I have a freehub and qr end caps if you want a swap. Only problem is the freehub has a slight crack in it. Still perfectly useable though.

Evo has a thicker axle than non-evo so parts aren’t interchangeable unless you change the whole lot, but you could do that although the reason the Evo came about was the thinner axle kept snapping.

joemmo
    Free Member

I just got the caps to convert 135qr to 142 thruaxle  and i think the axles are different between the Evo and non-evo versions but you’re in a better position to check

pacerc100
    Free Member

Thanks all for the advise. I swapped over the axle, end caps and free hub from the old Pro2 and it all seems good. Means a bargain set of wheels were now even more of a bargain as I didn’t have to buy any additional bits.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 evo – Converting from 142×12 XD to 135 QR Shimano’ is closed to new replies.