Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Pro 2 Evo Adjustment (Too tight)
  • psychotext
    Free Member

Bought a couple of hope hoops and whilst they seem to be pretty good on the whole something seems to be off with the tightness (?) on the rear hub. I’m lucky to get a couple of spins out of it when I give the wheel a spin by hand and even at full peg on the cranks it’ll only turn four or five times.

It feels tight off the bike too, so I don’t think it’s a case of the QR being overly tight.

Problem is, I’m completely new to this sort of hub. I’ve only ever dealt with the Shimano cup and cone sort before and I didn’t used to enjoy messing with those either. Is this something I can sort myself? Am I going to have to send them back? Is it the sort of thing I can screw up my shiny new hubs doing?

Cheers.

dirtydog
    Free Member

New sealed cartridge type bearings do tend to be a bit tight until bedded in, they’ll no doubt loosen up after a couple of rides.

Nothing you can do, it wont be an issue with the QR its just they’re new.

psychotext
    Free Member

Really? Does the rear hub use different bearings to the front then? It’s my first time with “proper” hubs so I don’t really know much about them.

br
    Free Member

New or s/h?

goldenwonder
    Free Member

Something doesn’t sound right, they can be a bit tight to start with, but they usually spin better than that.
    If you can do a Shimano hub, you can do a Hope as they’re easy! Diagrams on Hope’s website & even videos on YouTube by Hope themselves.

psychotext
    Free Member

Ahah! There was a little bit of metal caught in there. Got knows how that happened but it’s spinning pretty good now.

Cheers all. 🙂

(They were new, just for info)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Pro 2 Evo Adjustment (Too tight)’ is closed to new replies.