hope pro 2 conversion adapters

Home Forum Bike Forum hope pro 2 conversion adapters

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • hope pro 2 conversion adapters
  • Premier Icon mikewsmith
    Subscriber

there will be loads in here who have them, I probably have what you need and would post for some beer tokens but I’m in Oz!

I think it’s called a QR adaptor for the front (2 push in end caps) and the rear depends if you have ProII or ProII evo. If you want them now they are normally stock items in a good Hope stocking LBS (and you will get the right thing)

creedy

Try these i got mine the next day.

The 9mm front is that a dt swiss? thatll be the through axel converter.
    if in doubt give em a call.

http://clee-cycles.co.uk/esite/products?products_manft=hope

old_mtber

I have a new set of Hope 9mm QR adaptors you can have for a sensible price. Will push fit on any Hope Evo/Pro2 hub. Email in profile if interested.

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

Is the rear hub a 135mm/142mm version? Or the 150mm. If its 150mm then it can’t convert to 10mm qr. 150mm ones are fairly rare though. The other version will.

If the hubs are Pro 2’s then you have to change the axle as well as the end caps, You have 3 choices, standard QR, 10mm through axle (fits in normal 10mm dropouts), or bolt up (useful for SS). All 3 kits are around £20ish.

If the hubs are Pro 2 Evos then you only need end caps. Again there is the choice of the 3 types. End caps are around £10 I think.

Locoboy

I have a wheelset on its way and the front is hope pro2 20mm and rear is hope pro 2 12mm

My bike has 10mm dropouts on the rear and uses a standard thin qr

It has a 9mm front qr at the moment

Can anyone link to the adaptors i need to convert the above to sun on my bike?

I want to get them ordered so I can use then straight away 😉

Thanks for your help 🙂
    Col

Locoboy

Hope pro 2 hubs, 135mm back end.

So to keep it 10mm at the back i would need this
    This hope kit

and this

This from Superstars

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

😀 you posted the superstar link twice.

This is the 10mm axle which will work with the SS 10mm qr you linked to.

If you’ve not changed pro2 bearings before take a look at the tech video on hopes site. If you can borrow the proper tools this makes it much, much easier, otherwise sockets of the right size can do the job (do not just whack the bearings as this will damage them.). Whilst changing the axle check all the bearings as you may as well change them while its apart if any are shot. If its a second hand set changing the freehub to hub body seal is a good idea (its dirt cheap so may as well).

Locoboy

Goddmit! I’m having a bad tech day!

That chain reaction link was the link I was supposed to post so that’s good.

I will have a nose at the hope vids, thanks for the tip.

Colin

Locoboy

Thanks for the replies, as if the wheel set didnt set me back enough i need 40 quids worth of bits to make them fit!

They are only going on a Rockhopper!

Damn bikes, they know how to open you wallet for you don’t they!

Premier Icon nixie
    Subscriber

If its just going on a Rockhopper then buy the normal qr axle. Will save you the cost of the thicker axle as you can reuse your current one. E.g. this

You might also get one off the classifieds for £10 to £15

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘hope pro 2 conversion adapters’ is closed to new replies.