Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hope Post mount adapter annoyance!
  • blake89
    Free Member

i am looking for the correct adapter to fit my marzocchi mx pro’s 2009 to my hope mono m4’s( about 4 years old)

i tried HOPE but they keep telling me different things and when i order the part it wont fit!

any ideas, or anyone with a similar setup?

oldfart

i had a similar bit of trouble.Bought a pair of 08 Marzocchis .They had a post mount.So instead of buying a half caliper for my Hope Mini i thouht may as well get a new Mono Mini caliper.Did it through my LBS.Hope told them that my 180 rotor would be a direct fit WRONGGGGGG!In the end the only way i got it too work was using a 2nd hand 160 rotor.Ho hum.

blake89
    Free Member

Yeah now they are saying it will only work with a 203mm rotar!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    konakulakid
    Free Member

look on crain r c

STATO
    Free Member

right, what size rotor were you using before? i assume its a IS caliper and post mount fork.

blake89
    Free Member

well i currently have a 183mm on it, i tried the post mount to IS 183mm from crc and no match!

blake89
    Free Member

yeah 74mm post mount and IS caliper

STATO
    Free Member

ok, if your have an IS caliper on an IS fork with a 183mm rotor, then when you cahnge to a post mount fork you will need to buy this adaptor and a 203mm disc.

STATO
    Free Member

wow, my spelling is terrible today.

blake89
    Free Member

ok, but there is a note on the page!

NOTE: Unfortunately not compatible with new Marzocchi Post Mounts

STATO
    Free Member

wahhh?

hmmm, well thats what you need so i think your ****, unless maybe the Magura version will fit the fork? Shimano dont make one the right size so if the magura one dosnt fit and you cant bodge the Hope one (file it maybe, does anyone know why it dosnt fit?) then i think a new brake might be your only option.

snaps
    Free Member
    STATO
    Free Member

snaps they are the wrong way round, that shows adaptors for an IS fork and post caliper. Blake needs the adaptor i posted but CRC say it wont fit, personally id buy it and set about with a file to make it work, but im happy messing about with things like that and know when it would/wouldnt work. I think the best solution would be get down your local shop with that hope adaptor and have a word with the mechanic (not sales boy) to see if he can help you out.

blake89
    Free Member

i have tried h and j and both didnt work! well the last suggestion by hope was the one STATO mentioned! i was going to give them another call when i saw the note, but just missed there opening hours.
    thank you any way

coatesy
    Free Member

Seem to remember seeing a note saying it won’t fit that combo a few days after actually fitting one with no problem, but I won’t take responsibilty if it doesn’t fit yours.

spooky_b329

I bought the CRC mount above, didn’t fit my gf’s MX Comps, but just needed a couple of mm filing off where it fouled the fork.

Hairychested
    Free Member

I needed to use Shimano adaptors with my Hope brakes as Hope ones wouldn’t work. Hope adaptors are working with Shimano brakes though. Weird.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hope Post mount adapter annoyance!’ is closed to new replies.