Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hope pess fit 41 BB install
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Do I need the hope tool?  I HOPE not. (SWIDT?)

cheers

Tracey

We ended up buying the tool. Couldn’t figure out a way to bodge it.
    Still got a couple of bikes it can be used on but all the newer ones have gone back to normal.

whitestone
    Free Member

Yep, you need the tool. I just got a local bike mechanic to fit it for me since he already had the tool.

Frankers
    Free Member

I may have one of these tools that I don’t need anymore

bigyan
    Free Member

You can fit it with a bearing press and a 25mm? allen key. The back of some old BB tools is close enough to 25mm to work.

I just use the Hope tool.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

hmmm. i may well employ the local bike shop !  don’t have a big enough bearing press or a 25mm allen key.  Hex tool from ebay looks good but i want to fit it tonight or tomorrow. Many thanks all

craig5

Mattbike, that’s exactly what I’ve been looking at. Let me know how you get on with it. I don’t intend on having a press fit BB on my next bike, so dont want to splash £44 on a one time tool (again).

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi, I bought the eBay tool… I may well need a press of some sort? Threaded bar and washers or can I just do it with the eBay tool?

DT78
    Free Member

I have the hope tool, somehow I stripped it mid bb fit the second time I used. Was not impressed, no idea how you can strip have way through a press, all i can think is there was some debris on the thread or it was damaged in storage somehow. When it works it makes fitting easy

Reminds me I need to drop hope a line for a replacement bar….

reggiegasket
    Free Member

[all these responses apply to the 24mm axle. The 30mm version doesn’t screw together]

Tracey

All three of mine are for a 30mm axle and mine screw together. The bearings then press into it

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

mine screws in, then I’m wondering if i need a press as well

Tracey

The Hope one has a press in as part of the tool. I also have a set of bearing pullers to remove them when needed

dickie
    Free Member

I use one of these. 24mm is a loose fit but works well plus has other uses.
    17-24mm allen

reggiegasket
    Free Member
    howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Cheers, pressed the cups in with a rubber mallet and a bit of wood then used the eBay tool for the screwy bit. All done!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hope pess fit 41 BB install’ is closed to new replies.