Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope Mono Mini front keeps going off…
  • robbo1234biking

if that makes sense! I put my bike away after a ride and when i get it out next time its like they need bleeding after about 15 mins of use they seem to come back again. The bike is stored at 45 degrees but I dont touch the brakes so dont think this is an issue. No sign of leaks and have bled them – not sure whatelse to try!

Talkemada
    Free Member

My front one was rubbish on Saturday. Worked ok after pouring some water on it, for a while, then went off again…

spooky_b329

Are you brimming the reservoir and then 'rolling the diaphragm' on to expel any air bubbles?

robbo1234biking

Are you brimming the reservoir and then 'rolling the diaphragm' on to expel any air bubbles?

No I havent been could there still be air in the system then? I never used to find a problem with my shimano ones but maybe these are more sensitive

andydicko
    Free Member

Robbo,

Can you get a brake if you pump the lever? If so you have got air in there somewhere.

robbo1234biking

Time for another bleed then!! Cheers

simon1975

If you can't be bothered with a proper bleed try this.

Store it with the reservoir at the highest point, tape the lever back to the bar overnight. The air bubbles should rise to the top. In the morning, remove the tape, take off the cap and top up the fluid. Simples!

And bleeding them without pushing the pistons all the way back seems better too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope Mono Mini front keeps going off…’ is closed to new replies.