Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Hope matchmaker with Magura M4?
  • mase

Hi
    Does anyone know if the Hope matchmaker, or any others, will mate Magura MT4 brakes to Shimano shifters?
    ThAnks

mase

Anyone??

spectabilis
    Free Member

The Magura’s have a captive thread and nut fixing don’t they?
    I’d say with a bit of luck and drilling out the holes in the matchmaker you’d have a good chance of them lining up….

mase

Yes, they do. A technical drawing showing the bolt centres would help. I guess you could mill out additional material to get the centre right?

spectabilis
    Free Member

Yes give Hope a call and get the measurement for the centres, if I go out yo the cave I’ll measure a set for you. they wouldn’t be far off if at all.

mase

That would be good!

spectabilis
    Free Member

OK, looks like 30mm centres.
    It’s also 6mm deep. I think that’s slightly deeper than the magura clamp but I’m the barrel nut is sufficiently long enough to secure it.

mase

Thanks for the info.

On the CRC website somebody has used the Hopes with Magura MT8s and they fit spot on. With your measurements and this I’m pretty confident they’ll fit the MT4s

oxym0r0n

What shifters you using? Interested in doing this with my mt6 and xt shifter. Do I need the ispec one? 😳

mase

Hi
    Yes, you’ll need I spec shifters. The Hope website shows full compatibility. I will be using an XT I spec

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Hope matchmaker with Magura M4?’ is closed to new replies.