Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • hope m4 issue (fix or buy new)
  • bungalistic
    Free Member

So my older style m4 caliper will not fit the new x-fusion fork I just got so looking at my options:

1. Buy a new caliper and just fit and bleed it myself (the calipers on their own aren’t cheap mind)

2. Buy a full new front brake and just fit and forget (pricier but less faff with bleeding etc)

3. Other options…

fitnessischeating
    Free Member

Email hope, with your adress etc on the email signature, with pictures of the problem, ask for advise, if there is an adaptor or something you can use to make it fit….

Seems odd that it would not fit, whats stopping it?

bungalistic
    Free Member

x-fusion forks are set up for a 203mm front brake. If i use my current adaptor to fit my brake it takes that to 223mm. So i either need a +0mm adaptor (which I hear they don’t make) or a new POST mount caliper.

alanf
    Free Member

Is it the original M4, i.e. not mono M4?
    If so you could get the half caliper with a different offset.
    Is yours a No.8 if it’s 203?
    A No.3 or No.5 would solve the problem, probably No.5 would be best and you could use your old adaptor then

bungalistic
    Free Member

Yeah I believe it is the original m4, it fits a 183mm as standard but due to the +20mm adaptor needed I’ve always ran a 203mm up front. The fork post mounts are set up for 203 as standard though so that’s my issue.

Didn’t know I could buy half calipers, I’ll look into that as seems cheaper option. Ta 🙂

alanf
    Free Member

Not sure how available they are now as it’s a fairly old brake, but you could get hold of them.

Other option would be to look on ebay for an similar brake with a no.3 caliper and swap them over

qtip

Deleted post as I didn’t understand the problem, but now I think I do. Caliper half sounds like the best solution if you can get one that fits.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘hope m4 issue (fix or buy new)’ is closed to new replies.