Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope lights connector issues
  • ratherbeintobago

R4 doesn’t always connect properly to the battery and then either doesn’t work or blinks once when the switch is pressed. Usually fixed by disconnecting and blowing into the connectors, then reconnecting.

Is this a common problem? Is there a fix?

whitestone
    Free Member

Might be worth ringing Hope.

I had a similar issue with my Hope light, turned out to be the male pin in the connector on the battery lead has a slot in it that closes up over time. Pushing a very small screwdriver into the slot to widen it fixed it. I was going to send the unit in but a quick chat on the phone revealed the above solution.

honourablegeorge

Happened mine, sent back and Hope replaced all the wiring on both lamp and battery for me

fossy

Ring Hope, or try electrical contact cleaner first – it works brilliantly by clearing crud and corrosion.

ratherbeintobago

Thanks, will give the screwdriver fix a go then contact Hope if it doesn’t.

And the contact cleaner

whitestone
    Free Member

Put a tube of thin paper around the inside of the connector first – avoids shorting the battery with the blade of the screwdriver. Shouldn’t be a problem but …

timoth27

Hope told me the connection can get dry and to use contact cleaner or silicone spay. The latter has worked for me, just a quick spray when ever it starts to play up.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope lights connector issues’ is closed to new replies.