Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope light repairs – now limited to 5 year old kit ?
  • robertajobb

Hi all

I’m having problems with 2x Hope lights. One is a fairly old Vision 2 (one of the early 2xLED lights. The other much newer, early-doors R4 (1000 lumen).

The vision2 just has a split connector (still works but obvs connection not perfect), whilst the R4  just stopped working. I have 3 batteries so can rule those out as the cause.

Reading the Hope service/returns, they say they won’t touch anything over 5 years. REALLY ?  Not even look at it, just not even bother.

Do they hold fast on that line these days ? In days of yore their support was stellar. But this just leaves a bit of a ‘hmmm’. I’m not expecting it to be free – I do expect to pay for any repair work. But this leaves a somewhat sour taste – I bought Hope kit on the basis of past  great service and help. If kit is obsolete and going to be blanket rule  not touched after 5 years I start to think ‘may as well go buy chinese cheap next time’.

(I had to fix our Bosch dishwasher this week. 18 years old. Cost about the same as the hope lights when bought.  Repair ? Yep no problem).

bruneep

Default reply will be contact https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/

Pickers

My Vision 4 lamp died a couple of years ago, Hope were happy to repair it then (at about 7-8 yrs old), but at a cost. Not unreasonable in view of the age of the unit.
    I went to Mark at MTB Batteries, still cost but a bit less, the lamp and new battery still going strong. Great job done.

Edit – see, he was right!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Default reply will be contact https://www.mtbbatteries.co.uk/

Funnily enough they’ve just fixed my Vision 4…

tomaso
    Free Member

Club Hope Vision 2s must be over 10 years old and live a rough lift in the bottom of the backpack for when they are needed. Been back three times for able or battery faults and been fixed FOC. Never known service like it.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope light repairs – now limited to 5 year old kit ?’ is closed to new replies.