Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Hope Hoops and 20mm adaptors.
  • jamj1974

Got some new Hope Hoops with the 20mm front adaptor. Adaptors installed and yet even when fitted into fork there seems to be play between the hub and the adaptor. This makes itself evident through the wheel moving from side to side as if it was a cup and cone hub (Obviously it’s not…) with loose cones.

Anyone have any idea why this could be?

wwaswas

the fork legs should be clamping it all together?

kendo954
    Free Member

you sure its not play in the bearings?

jamj1974

I will double check the bearings even though they are new. The forks are done up nice and tight, so that should not be the cause.

MarkN
    Free Member

The maxle is done up correctly I assume.

jamj1974

It’s not a Maxle – it’s the similar Bos one – so works slightly differently. But yes it is tight.

jamj1974

It’s not a Maxle – it’s the similar Bos one – so works slightly differently. But yes it is tight.

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

Only reasons i could think would be a damaged bearing (should be easy to check just take of the adapter and feel for any play in the bearings underneath) or one of your adapters has a manufacturing defect meaning it doesn’t sit snugly in the dropout?

messiah
    Free Member

This came up with the Bos Deville fork a few years ago on the Nicolai MTBR forum. I don’t know if there was a resultion in there as it would take a while to read it all but here it is.

Linky

Enjoy!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Hope Hoops and 20mm adaptors.’ is closed to new replies.