Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope HID Lamp Replacement
  • spev

Anybody know if this is the same lamp as in the Hope HID?
    http://www.batteryspace.com/welchallynhidlightrepalcementbulb10-13wmr11fortrail-tech.aspx

and as the buld I have has no markings on it do I need a flood or a spot as standard?(i'm doing this for a mate so I not seen it powered up)

ta in advance

allthegear
    Free Member

Dunno but I have what is now a "spare" Hope Halide lamp unit, basically everything except the battery and charger that I will happily sell you.

Name a sensible price?

Rachel

spev

I'll ask my mate but he's seen the price of that replacement lamp and if it fits that's what he wants to pay, personally I'd say your complete unit is worth quite a bit more so cant imagine you'd get what you want

allthegear
    Free Member

well, let me know – it's no use to me without a battery (now used for something else).

z1ppy

IIRC Snaps (or some-one) had some replacement lamps for Hope HID's, apologies in advance to ATG but I wouldn't rush to buy a 2nd hand HID, as they seemingly loose effectiveness as they get older (obvious depend on age and use the light has seen) unless it's a good deal.
    Also simply the cost of buying a new lamp/2nd had unit isn't worth it when the magicshine unit is so cheap & simply better output wise.
    Though now my Lupine HID Lamp has died, I've asked Trout to see what he can do with the unit by retro-fitting LED's into it.

spev

Cheers z1ppy, i've got a magicshine myself but my mate seems to like his HID's hence the bulb search, may try and convince him otherwise

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Hope lamps are made by Welch Allyn but I seem to remember someone saying the base was different on the Trailtech lamps.
    You'll get stung for import duty & VAT as well as they use UPS.
    Have you checked out the warranty info on that batteryspace link?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope HID Lamp Replacement’ is closed to new replies.