Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Hope headset bearings
  • clubby

Took forks off for servicing and found my top Hope integral bearing really notchy. Order supposedly compatible one from eBay but it’s completely different. One that came out has an inner taper ring that extends above the outer ring. It is also smaller diameter than the one I received.

Am I going to have to order a proper one from Hope (At 4x the price) ?

benpinnick

AFAIK Hope only make their headsets with a combo of the two bearings – the big’un and the small’un. Sounds like yours is a bit buggered thats all. Once they wear the races can misalign. You need a bearing that matches the specs on here: http://www.hopetech.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/HOPEHEADSETS2011Web.pdf

nixie

You don’t say which hope headset you have however what Ben says pretty much sums it up. You need hope bearings or in the case of the more recent 1 1/8th version (i.e. not the old version where bearings have to be pressed in) cane creek S8 bearings are the same (these are no cheaper).

simonbowns
    Free Member

The bearing is much of the price of a Hope headset, both stainless bearings which should last better than a basic one.

HS123 and HS135, any Hope dealer can order up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Hope headset bearings’ is closed to new replies.