Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Hope Head Doctor removal
  • daveb
    Free Member

Does anyone have instructions on how to remove a Hope Head Doctor from a set of forks?

I have tried loosening the centre screw/nut but still no movement. I have also had a look on Hopes site but can only see details on how to install one (I have tried reversing this process but no joy)

This was only installed a couple of months ago so dont think it should be “stuck” in place.

Any ideas????

giantjason
    Free Member

what i have done in the past is unscrew the centre nut that loosens the grip on the steerer tube. Then insert the bolt into the thread for a couple of screws (without the cover plate ). Now grip the bolt and pull the whole head doctor unit out.

Potdog
    Free Member

Don’t t**t it with a hammer as I once did having forgotten that the thing screwed up tight with an allen key! That was one dead Head Doctor afterwards! 😳

jack
    Free Member

What jason said….or a long screw driver with a small bit of wood up the bottom of the steerer tube and a gentle tap….have always found the rubber washer around the outside gives a bit too much grip for getting it in and out and it seems to work fine without it.

daveb
    Free Member

what i have done in the past is unscrew the centre nut that loosens the grip on the steerer tube. Then insert the bolt into the thread for a couple of screws (without the cover plate ). Now grip the bolt and pull the whole head doctor unit out.

That did the job, I had tried it but with cover plate on and by hand. Shook it about a bit and it came out pretty quickly after that.

Many thanks all 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Hope Head Doctor removal’ is closed to new replies.