Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Hope Freehub
  • shortyj15

Spring time last year my rear hub packed in mid ride, pawls had taken out one of the bearings which due to me not knowing wore through the axle. I got the freehub body, bearings and axle replaced by a shop.

Today I get back from a ride and when I had the wheel removed the freehub felt stiff, further inspection led to the bearing collapsed and some damage. The damage isn’t to the same extent as previously as I’ve caught it earlier but still some damage.

Anyone had experiences with this issue? The hub was new 2015 to me and due to living in Peterborough on placement it didn’t get ridden properly for the first 3-4 months.

wiggles
    Free Member

It does happen, people who are on the heavy side and/or powerful legs seem to be able to collapse the freehub bearings.

shortyj15

What do you class as heavy? I’m 90kg with fairly powerful legs

wiggles
    Free Member

well I didn’t exactly weigh people when they brought me their wheels to fix 😆 but it was just something I noticed, the pro4 seems to be better

benpinnick

IS it a pro2? Not uncommon if it is. I’ve seen a few go. I will say though that hope are brilliant at sorting it. Send it back to them and they’ll rebuild it for free.

shortyj15

Haha I’ll take it that I must have powerful legs then. It’s a pro2. I have emailed them so see what they say

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Hope Freehub’ is closed to new replies.