Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Hope Crankset – tools in the box?
  • tofu21

Hi,

I’ve got a Hope Crankset in the post from an online retailer.

Should I expect the Hope specific tools to be in the box?

Thanks

cyclelife
    Free Member

Yes, everything you need. The first install and removal seem overly complicated but you soon get used to it. Takes a 10 mins to remove and reinstall now – not that it needs to be done, I only do this for proper cleaning of the bike.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Ah, you got a 30mm BB? if so you’ll need a tool for that.

tofu21

Great, thanks.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

I *think* you get the Hope 30mm bb tool in the box.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Not in mine.

wiggles
    Free Member

Doesn’t come with bb tool but does come with crank tools which they helpfuly put a bottle opener on the end of (instead of the bb tool…)

tofu21

I’ve got one in the post from an online store. After I ordered it I asked them if tools are included and they are saying they aren’t!

Probably going to have to wait until Tuesday to find out for sure. Isn’t that wizard!

It’s like the final scene from Seven. What’s in the box?

Or is it what it would be like if Schrodinger ran a bike shop?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Cat 2 at least…

mattbee

Mine had a flat pressed tool for undoing the locking & opening beer, a flat pressed horseshoe shaped one for removing them and the one for unscrewing the taper bung thingy.
    Bought from Hargroves shop in Winchester.

wiggles
    Free Member

They 100% have the bits in the box as I get them direct from hope like that, so if they aren’t the shop has taken them out to sell separately…

carlos
    Free Member

wiggles – Member
    They 100% have the bits in the box, so if they aren’t the shop has taken them out to sell separately…

This^^^^. Although when I asked, I was given them without quibble (as you’d expect) pity I had to ask though 🙄

cozz
    Free Member

i love the look of these cranks (same as all hope stuff)

but local bike shop says they have fitted some and they come loose and need fettling, and customers have taken them off after a few weeks use and gone back to other cranksets ?

looking for fat bike silver crank

NewRetroTom

They don’t come loose – if they do it’s because whoever has installed them has screwed up. The installation isn’t very intuitive, so you really need to read and understand the instructions. If you do then it’s not difficult.

The one tool you may not have that they don’t come with is a 10mm allen key.

cyclelife
    Free Member

Mine have never come loose in nearly a year of use.

daver27
    Free Member

Mine should have but didn’t, contact Hope direct and they’ll send them to you

tofu21

The tools where in the box. I was obviously taking to a numpty via email,

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Hope Crankset – tools in the box?’ is closed to new replies.