Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Hope crankset please.
  • teadrinker
    Free Member

I haven’t purchased a non shimano chainset in years and thinking about getting a Hope RX for my Diverge.

It seems to come with and without a spider and and they seem to do chain rings for both. So am I right in thinking that I can get the spiderless cranks and spiderless chainring and that’ll be fine?

Sorry I’m having a complete mindblock/meltdown today. Thanks.

cakeandcheese

Yep, I went spiderless and it’s ace. Such nicely made stuff, you won’t be disappointed!

teadrinker
    Free Member

Perfect, thanks. I’ll get shopping!

damascus
    Free Member

Have you ever been disappointed by a shimano Chainset?

teethgrinder

Yes.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Also yes.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

no oval DM ring for RX, last time I looked/bought. Which is a bit odd as the mtb cranks offer them.

steelbike
    Free Member

Have they fixed the spline issues or do they just give you a new one still when they split?

teethgrinder

Have they fixed the spline issues or do they just give you a new one still when they split?

No idea. Mines been fine for 2+ years.

zap
    Free Member

I’m on my second RX cranks, first one developed a crack on the drive side near the pedal thread, after 3 months, Replaced by Merlin very quickly, hope never replied to me when I asked why, needed a 30mm hope bb and another hope specific tool, if I hadn’t already spent a fortune on 2 RX chainrings bb plus spanner i probably would gone back to my SRAM force cranks, I’ve not had a great year with hope, also had a split hope road rim for no reason. All replaced no issues, but was never refunded for any of my shipping costs for returning faulty parts under warranty

rickmeister

Rotor do a very well made BB which comes with a fitting tool saving the extra on buying a 30mm spanner. You can use the original HT II one with the supplied BB.

It is a cheaper and possibly better BB than Hope….

mashr

not had a great year with hope, also had a split hope road rim for no reason. All replaced no issues, but was never refunded for any of my shipping costs for returning faulty parts under warranty

that would be a shop issue though, unless you tried to skirt round them?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Hope crankset please.’ is closed to new replies.