Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope ceramic bottom bracket – worth it?
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Needing a new bb for my road bike, usually just stuck with shimano but a bit disappointed with how long the last one lasted so looking for something hopefully a bit more reliable.

Are the hope ones better? They are considerably more expensive than shimano so dont want to make the switch if i can only expect similar longevity. Also is the ceramic one worth the extra over the steel one…do you notice the difference?

tomaso
    Free Member

Mates swear by the Hope ones as they last for a couple of years. But I get over 6 months from a deore shimano one that is £8 from Rose bikes.

br
    Free Member

Yes.

Northwind

Course not. £80 for one Hope, that’d buy you 6 XT BBs from Rose, which will last longer.

br
    Free Member

Course not. £80 for one Hope, that’d buy you 6 XT BBs from Rose, which will last longer.

Three years so far with my Hope, and I never got 6 months from a Shimano one…

MSP

Shimano BB quality seems to have dropped back, when htII first came out they were crap, then after a year or so they seemed to improve them, now they have gone crap again.

ruscle
    Free Member

b r – Member
    Three years so far with my Hope, and I never got 6 months from a Shimano one…

This +1

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I have a Hope ceramic bracket on my winter bike that has so far done 2 cyclocross seasons and 2 years on the winter bike, actually runs better than it did when it was new! (I have a BNIB black one for sale btw as my new frame came with a pressfit)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope ceramic bottom bracket – worth it?’ is closed to new replies.