Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Hope Brakes – Which ones?
  • Rosss
    Free Member

I’m looking at Hope brakes for my Mojo HD. I was originally looking at tech M4s but I prefer the looks of the stealth M4s, Is there any difference in power or weight? Then again would X2s be strong enough for Enduro/trail/Downhill riding?

Rosss
    Free Member

Anyone?

rickmeister

Mojo SL and M4’s here, 205 floater up front, 180 rear, works fine everywhere
    Braided hose, DOT Synthetic 5.1. No problems at all… even though I weigh a fair bit more than a cupcake…

Milkie
    Free Member

Stealth M4’s are the same as the non stealth. I think it’s only the colour that is different, but I could be wrong.

Go with M4 front n rear, saves carrying two sets of different pads. Personally I would go with the M4 Race, lighter, looks nicer and more powerful.

rickmeister

Also, M4 pads are on the same backing plate as Shimano, so replacements are easily found if your travelling…

kimbers

make sure you get the EVO versions, more powerful

I use m4s race for enduro type riding and they are ace, x2s would probably be ok but if you are light

are they still on offer at halfords?

Rosss
    Free Member

I’m no ballet dancer myself so M4s it is. Just missed the 20 off at halfords but they’re still pretty cheap,

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Race M4’s. Lever is much nicer than Tech, power is up, too.

wilde86
    Free Member

Had X2s on my nuke mega. Seemed powerful enough! Lighter than other hopes too (I think). I prefer normal hoses over braided ones as they were a nightmare to bleed. Couldnt ever seem to stop them feeling spongy compared to non braided hoses.

eyerideit
    Free Member

I know you’re asking about which Hope brakes but have you considered Formulas?

I put a set of The Ones on my Mojo replacing the M4’s that were on there already and the difference is huge.

They’re lighter and have more power.

BTW I have loads of Hope stuff and like it but for brakes I’d go Formula for the above reasons.

poonprice
    Free Member

I have X2’s on my Zesty, have boiled them on several occasions in the Alps but they are great for normal XC riding and most UK trail centre stuff

godzilla
    Free Member

Stalth Race M4’s are cheap at Halfords, thats what i run on my HD, lighter and more powerful than Tech’s plus they look the sh*t.
    Rush cycles are doing some good prices on Tech 3’s too.

Rosss
    Free Member

Do you have a link, I’m pretty confused by them all

godzilla
    Free Member
    Rosss
    Free Member

Race m4s look good, I’m not sure about the tech 3s

godzilla
    Free Member

I have both and the both look like works of art, Race M4’s feel lovely and dinky.

Rosss
    Free Member

They’re replacing ZEEs so the form of the m4s appeal

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Hope Brakes – Which ones?’ is closed to new replies.