Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope brakes on Shimano Rotors
  • moff

Any issues with running Hope Tech3’s on Shimano rotors?

Don’t really get on with the on/off nature of the XT’s and I’m stuck with centreloc unless I change the wheels as well.

snotrag

Just make sure you have the right mounts – remember that aswell as 160/180/200 (like Shimano), Hope mounts also come in 163/183/203m. Close, but not right.

honourablegeorge

As above, use hope mounts, but otherwise, no issues.

teethgrinder

Ran M4’s on SLX non-floaters no bother.

And, I’m fairly sure you can get CL to 6-bolt adaptors

wobbliscott
    Free Member

Run Hope RX4’s on my road bike and have Hope rotors on one set of wheels and Shimano on the other. Work fine with either really. Just a bit of a PITA to switch between the two wheel sets as I need to reset the caliper as the position of the two rotors is slightly different (centre lock on the Shimano rotors, 6-bolt on the Hopes)..keep meaning to shim the Hope rotors out a bit. But not an issue if you’re not switching wheels regularly.

Have also run non-hope rotors on hope callipers on my MTB with no issues whatsoever.

endomick
    Free Member

Used Hope brakes with shimano IceTech rotors on a few bikes with zero issues.
    Shimanos alloy spider rivets don’t seem to foul set ups like Hope floaters can when you don’t use with hope hubs.
    I also recommend Hope’s adapters, CNC’d so more precise.

davewalsh
    Free Member

I’m currently running hope E4’s with SLX rotors, no problem.
    As above, if using a 4 pot calliper, it can foul on non-hope PM-PM adaptors so stick with the hope ones.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope brakes on Shimano Rotors’ is closed to new replies.