Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • hope brakes
  • yatesyntu
    Free Member

I’m looking to buy some new brakes and I’m pretty certain I’m guna invest in some hope brakes.
    I currently have a set of avid elixir 3’s running a 203mm at the front and a 185mm at the back.
    My question is…… will i be able to use my existing rotors and brake mounts for say an M4 up front and an X2 at the back or will i need to buy any special special mounts n rotors?
    Also dunno if anyones ever bought owt from Merlin cycles but do u reckon they’ll have pads in ready to go….?

billysugger
    Free Member

My x2’s sound like this when they’re wet

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Hopes should have pads in ready to go, you will be able to use existing rotors but the adaptors may or may not fit – likely will tho

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Gribs

The rotors will be fine along with the front adaptor. If your rear frame mount is a post mount then the avid adaptor will sort of work with a Hope caliper but I’d replace it as it doesn’t seem to hold the caliper straight and creaked very badly on my Nerve AM.

yatesyntu
    Free Member

Haha Push Hogs are meant to Squeal billysugger.
    Right thats a big help gents cheers, think ill get um ordered hopefully have chance to take um on their maiden voyage at the weekend. BRING ON THE MUD!!!
    Anyone bin up loughrigg (lake district) riding?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘hope brakes’ is closed to new replies.