Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 706 total)
  • Hope brake fanbois, you won’t want these
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Can anyone explain the hope sram mix match makers to me please?

Obviously the right hand one is self explanatory for use with sram shifters

But what’s the sram left hand one for? Assuming everyone has dropper posts now and no left hand shifter?

Reason I ask is I have a pnw loam lever which is MMX and goes straight on to my sram brake

But does this mean the sram left hand mount will work directly the same with my pnw loam lever mmx? Or do I just need to buy a standalone lever for the pnw?

But if it doesn’t work I can fathom out what exactly the left sram ones for?

teethgrinder

The LHS mount is to direct mount the dropper Lerner in the same way as a shifter on the RHS.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

But what dropper lever is it designed for is my question? Any mmx fitting one or the hope dropper lever or a sram reverb lever?

Ultimately should my mmx fitting PNW loam lever strap straight on to it?

appltn

Anything matchmaker compatible should work.

If you had your lever attached to a sram brake before then chances are good you’ll be able to attach it to a hope matchmaker mount just the same.

ta11pau1

There’s loads of mmx clamp compatible levers, literally 10’s of them. A quick look says your lever should fit onto it.

benpinnick

But what dropper lever is it designed for is my question? Any mmx fitting one or the hope dropper lever or a sram reverb lever?

Ultimately should my mmx fitting PNW loam lever strap straight on to it?

Just like on your SRAM brakes you’ll need a left hand MMX adaptor for your Hopes. MMX is just the generic SRAM name for Srams mounting system and works with most SRAM shifters (L & R) plus as above, dozens of dropper remotes, including PNW.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Perfecto It means I can run it all together

I did think that would be the case, but wanted to check – it’s currently all setup mmx both sides so I’ll just buy both hope left and right ones and hopefully all things equal they should strap on the same

Thanks guys overthinking it but wanted to check

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

@benpinnick

Any reason why my sram hs2 200mm and sram 200mm mounts won’t work with the brakes?

These are the thicker rotors although I do have 2 centrelines I can use worse case

If not means another tonne of money – hoping to just get away with buying the brakes and strapping them on till later on in year

benpinnick

Mounts and rotors will be fine. You can however get issues combining non hope mounts with hope floating discs (for further down the line should you ever change).

Rubber_Buccaneer

Any reason why my sram hs2 200mm and sram 200mm mounts won’t work with the brakes?

Hope E4 callipers can clash with some brake adaptors, not had the problem with X2 callipers so far and don’t have any V4. Can’t see any problem with discs

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Thank you folks appreciated

I’ve just heard back from pnw they suggest the mmx loam lever won’t fit to the hope sram matchmaker?

Haven’t explained why, not sure why it wouldn’t if all mmx are created equally to fit a sram mmx! Annoying if it doesn’t I’ll have to buy the standalone clamp

I’ve just bought some hope mounts to be safe but will try the sram rotors first to save any further expense

teethgrinder

Anyone got a clue if the Tech 4 lever blades for Tech3 master cylinders?

Akers

Installed my Tech4/E4 brakeset at the weekend, replacing Tech3’s. Took them for a good test down various steep fast and rooty local tracks on Sunday. First impressions: Both initial bite and power seem stronger than the Tech3, modulation is still good though. I’ll need a few rides to recalibrate my inputs and responses accordingly. Overall first impression is very good.
    For reference, to keep the comparison with the Tech3’s fair, I used the same pads.

honourablegeorge

oscillatewildly

I’ve just heard back from pnw they suggest the mmx loam lever won’t fit to the hope sram matchmaker?

Yeah, it’s an odd setup, I wanted one but decided against – see below, the bikeyoke one does fit, the face with the two boltholes slots into the space on the adapter, which has a step either side (if that makes sense, you can sort of see it in third pic). The way the face with the two bolts is angled on the PNW lever doesn’t allow it to slot in, a bit of filing might fix that, but the lever might not end up in a good position.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

hmmm not sure then – ive ordered it now so will see but also ordered a standalone clamp just incase

do you know if the wolftooth one mmx will work with it then?

igm

Couple of washers in the slot on the matchmaker might sort it?

momo

99% certain it won’t, the Wolftooth MMX clamp is designed to mount straight to the lever doing away with the stock Sram adapter, I’ve emailed wolf tooth to ask if they’re planning to make an adapter for the Tech4 levers, will update if and when I get a response.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thanks – damn it seems unlikely that this pnw will work then

so far i know 100% the bikeyoke triggy mmx one does fit, but cant find one for sale anywhere 🙁 ive used one before and its a good lever too so not a problem switching/selling my pnw if i can find a triggy

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

the latest fox transfer looks similar to the triggy so should work also

nopunk
    Free Member

FYI The On-One dropper remote fits fine with the Hope direct mount.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

I don’t get on with the one up one at all I’d prefer to run standalone than run a one up lever 🤣

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

But Is that on a new e4 brake as the e3 mounts are different

fathomer

I’m hoping that the OneUp works with the Sram mount as that’s what I’ll have!

squirrelking
    Free Member

Holy ****, thank christ we have standards eh? Imagine where we would be if folk just did as they pleased with absolutely no consideration for compatibility!

mattyfez

Thier hubs are second to none.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

so annoying when every cross collides fitment wise, you’d think if they say mmx theyd be compatible across all mmx platforms!!

anyways looks like my pnw wont fit directly – so if anyone has a bike yoke alpha they wanna swap (or buy my pnw to fund a bike yoke) give me a shout! hopefully that will get everything all in one place!

honourablegeorge

fathomer

I’m hoping that the OneUp works with the Sram mount as that’s what I’ll have!

Yes, it does

oscillatewildly

I don’t get on with the one up one at all I’d prefer to run standalone than run a one up lever 🤣

Yes, it is crap, that’s why I was looking at the PNW

oscillatewildly

Wolf Tooth do a Hope-specifc clamp, but…..

https://www.wolftoothcomponents.com/pages/remote-fitment-for-hope-tech-3-brake-levers

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

yep had seen that wolftooth one – too much hassle – pain in the arse, cycling industry strikes again

ive used a bikeyoke triggy before and got on well with it – so ill play it safe and get the one i know 100% will fit with the hope sram mount

momo

I had a response from wolf tooth, tech 4 is on their radar but I likely to be a product released this year (verbatim quote)

honourablegeorge

oscillatewildly

ive used a bikeyoke triggy before and got on well with it – so ill play it safe and get the one i know 100% will fit with the hope sram mount

FYI – from your other thread – I have two bikes with Formula brakes, both set up with Triggy remotes on the Formula mixmaster clamp, work just fine (and SRAM shifters on the other side on both) – basically the same interface as Hope, the flat surface with bolt holes slots into the piece on the left, so they won’t suit the PNW either

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

thanks @honourablegeorge

ive ordered a triggy alpha remote – will sell the pnw shame as its damn good!

least i know 100% this one will with the hope adapters on tech 4 e4 thanks for all the help, i would have been mightly confused when it all arrvied and didnt fit

fathomer

@honourablegeorge thanks, I’ve just got home to a small envelope with Hope mounts in and the new Hope mount looks identical to the existing so I’m expecting it to fit.

What don’t you like about the OneUp lever out of curiosity? Same for you Dave?

honourablegeorge

It just feels like there’s a lot of play in it, not a positive feel, it goes from 9 o’clock to 11 o’clock with nothing happening. Just generally feels cheap and nasty compared to the bike yoke one.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

@fathomer – i always felt it was incredibly stiff it didnt feel like it wanted to actuate without really pressing hard on it, i tried it on a few different droppers (fox,bikeyoke,one up) and all same, put a pnw/wolftooth on the smooth actuation was night and day difference! i dunno if i have a weak thumb but i honestly dont know how people use it

basically as above what honourablegeorge says

fathomer

Fair enough, I really like mine 🙂

I thought my Wolftooth was a bit shit, I could never get it in the right place, was stuff to actuate and I snapped 2 of the plastic bushes they use to attach the lever! I learnt my lesson after the first and carried a spare.

CalamityJames
    Free Member

I have today fitted some new Tech 4s, replacing my Tech 3s. Lever feels good/ solid so I think I’m lucky enough to not need a bleed. The pictures all made the lever look like a four-finger touring type, but it actually looks okay, certainly nothing like I was expecting.

I’ve fitted a new Wolftooth light action dropper remote to the left brake clamp. I bought the Shimano EV clamp version, and it bolted straight on – no need for an additional clamp. I actually bought the Shimano clamp but it’s not actually needed. I had the regular Wolftooth lever on my Tech 3s and had to bore the hole out to make it fit, nothing like that this time.

The right hand Shimano EV clamp (11sp XT shifter) was a bit fiddly but went on okay. Won’t get a ride in until Friday but expecting good things.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Just fitted mine today, hoses need shoertebing as they are a mess

Very nice in the flesh, easy setup etc

One thing, please tell me those brake pads don’t rattle like mad riding???? They are loose in the caliper and the spring moves all over the caliper too, even just bouncing the front end up and down it sounds bad!

Anyone whose ridden them please tell me they are quiet or these are gonna do my head In

tony07
    Free Member

Open the spring out. Think I’ve done that with every set of pads I’ve had to prevent the rattle

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

It’s like they are too small they literally move from one side to the other as far over as they can go

Bounce the front end they end up one side bounce it again they move to the other (whilst rattling)

I’ll take them out check it out

chiefgrooveguru

“ One thing, please tell me those brake pads don’t rattle like mad riding????”

Not noticed it with my E4 or V4 calipers and my bikes are pretty quiet.

Viewing 40 posts - 241 through 280 (of 706 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.