Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Hope Brake Bleeding
  • RegP
    Free Member

Hi all,
    Just wondered what the masses on here used as a, Bleed tube and container to bleed their brakes, as the bike specific ones look like a lot of money, is there a cheaper alternate and where did you get it from, what is general consensus on the diameter of the plastic tube?

ARP

simon1975

Some fishtank hose works for me. Not sure of diameter. Or maybe an old camelbak pipe would work (as long as you don't want to drink out of it again).

Top tip I just learnt – bleed them without pushing the pistons back all the way, that expels the air more easily (but use a spacer to stop the them popping out – a clothes peg works nicely I find). Then push the pistons back and do another quick bleed. Perfect!

grumm
    Free Member

Car windscreen wiper pipe from Halfords

gusamc
    Free Member

hospital tube, jam jar with hole punched into lid, you can also use a generic syring to dispense fluid into reservoir – avoids spillage etc.

Macavity
    Free Member

http://www.hopegb.com/page_mep_force_33.html

all the tube is for is to keep the brake fluid off the pads.

foxyrider
    Free Member

+1 Macavity – you can just take out the pads and put a pot underneath it 🙂 however it does act as an air lock to prevent air going back into the caliper!!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I did them with a vacuum bleeder last time, just sucked though about 75ml of good quality DOT5.1 in about 40seconds, close nipple, replace seal and cover and it was all done in maybe 5 minutes? Its rubbish at doing the car (threads were worn on nipples so draws air in faster than it sucks fluid out), but for bike stuff its great!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Hope Brake Bleeding’ is closed to new replies.