Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Hope Bottom Bracket Bearings – where from?
  • ir_bandito
    Free Member

Any deals around on Hope BB bearings? The Enduro ones I’ve been using on the road bike have lasted 6 months, so back to the genuine article I think.

br
    Free Member

LBS?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Unlikely, they’re specific to Hope BBs, so off the shelf isn’t really a solution, unless you go for a generic 6805 2RS / 61805 2RS and use top hat bushes instead.
    UK Bike Store seemed about the cheapest for genuine Hope bearings last time I looked.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

LBS used to sell specific Hope bearings and I bought many pairs from there. Sadly it closed earlier this year 🙁

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Wiggle seem to be cheapest, but I’ve emailed ukbikestore to ask about a bulk purchase discount as I’ve got 2 other Hope BBs that will need new bearings one day…

paul4stones

LBS used to sell specific Hope bearings and I bought many pairs from there. Sadly it closed earlier this year

It’s a miss isn’t it? I hate ordering things like gear cables and brake pads online. There’s loads of bits out the back I wouldn’t mind a rummage through too.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

There’s loads of bits out the back I wouldn’t mind a rummage through too.

There’re loads of tools etc just sitting on the window-sill! But I doubt John has the keys any more…

paul4stones

There’s an old Raleigh frame I gave him just hanging on the wall . . .

zippykona

How often do you need to change your bearings? I know it will be cheaper to put in an xt one every 4 months but I want buttery smooth pedalling.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Hope bearings last about a year. The (cheaper) enduro ones I’ve just tried have lasted about 6 months/2000km of road riding, albeit quite wet at times.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

if the bearings are stuck can you re-lube them easy enough? or do i need new bearings?

christhetall
    Free Member

How easy is it to remove the bearings ? Do you need specific tools ?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Just seen these.

if the bearings are stuck can you re-lube them easy enough? or do i need new bearings?

You can pry the seal off and pack more grease into it. Its not recomeneded as once the seal is off, it’ll be slightly damaged. Temporary fix though.

How easy is it to remove the bearings ? Do you need specific tools ?

yes, you need the specific tools. I bought a set a while ago as I have 3 bikes with Hope BBs. Saves me time and money. Dead easy to use, there’s a video on youtube, basically, smack it with a mallet!

honourablegeorge

What’s the tool? I have three of them also, probably worth me getting it too

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

thanks guys – probably better to get new bearings

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Hope Bottom Bracket Bearings – where from?’ is closed to new replies.