Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Hope BB – grease or threadlock / torque settings / spacers
  • GasmanJim
    Free Member

R.E.: fitting a Hope bottom bracket.

I’ve read the instructions, which recommend grease, but there are no torque settings. When I tighten it up the plastic spacers start to compress / move out of alignment at about 20 – 25 NM. Wouldn’t have thought this was anywhere near tight enough to keep the thing in place.

Am thinking that threadlock might be better to hold the unit in place, but does anyone have any experience with alternative (aluminium) spacers which wouldn’t compress / move around relative to each other and allow a decent amount of tightening up?

Thanks.

rich-6
    Free Member

Torque wrench FTL!

Generally i tighten them up snug then a bit more and havent had any issues with them working loose, distorting or the likes. 20-25Nm seems a bit tight in my opinion

BigCol
    Free Member

Generally i tighten them up snug then a bit more and havent had any issues with them working loose, distorting or the likes. 20-25Nm seems a bit tight in my opinion

20-25Nm is not that tight at all – XTR BB installation instructions state 35-50Nm….

I had the same issue with hope – spacers squidging out at a stupidly low torque so I immediately swapped them out for some metal shimano ones (don’t think shimano come with metal anymore – plastic too now but a bit more manly than shimano!)

Hope this helps!

Col.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Hope BB – grease or threadlock / torque settings / spacers’ is closed to new replies.