Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Hope bashguard.
  • chip
    Free Member

I have a current xt triple on my 5
    And I would like to fit a hope bashguard.

Can I replace my middle ring with a 36 tooth and then replace the big ring with the guard.
    If I remember rightly the xt shifters can be switched from triple to double.

Everywhere I look it says the below,

Hope's new aluminium bash ring takes the place of the large chain ring on single or double ring set-ups, ideal for the new breed of 1 x 10 or 2 x 10 drivetrains.

Does not say anything about triples anywhere, but not sure if it means by double set up, granny, middle, then bash instead of large on a triple.

Forgive me if I am being dim.

legend
    Free Member

Yeah you can, just adjust the limit screws on the mech and you’ll be sorted.

However…. there is a chance that the chain can catch on a weld near the rings when shifting between the front rings. Mine does it occasionally, but only when in the work stand so not really a concern

bails

I’ve done almost exactly the same.

SLX triple with 38/24t rings and a Hope bash. It all works fine.

chip
    Free Member

Ok thanks,
    Can anyone recommend a replacement middle ring and where I can get it.

I would like it to be xt but can not find one,
    Unless you can recommend something better.

Thanks again.

legend
    Free Member

36t SLX ring does the job for me

tomcanbefound
    Free Member

I have a brand new hope 36t bash bought in error if your interested…

chip
    Free Member

I have just ordered one from halfords (30% discount) off the back of the above answers.

Thanks you for the offer though.

chip
    Free Member

Would this chainring work.
    Its titled as an slx 36t middle ring but then says in description double only.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/shimano-slx-m665-middle-chainring/rp-prod38189

Are double and triples chainrings spaced differently requiring the shifters pull lenght to differ.
    If so is the spacing dictated by the ring itself (different offset between bolt hole face and teeth).
    Or would the rings be the same and spacing decided by bolt holes in the actual cranks spacing.

I am just trying to work out why this says double only.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Hope bashguard.’ is closed to new replies.